Author Topic: MY "VERY NORMAL" BREAD  (Read 94134 times)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Re: MY "VERY NORMAL" BREAD
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2010, 11:31:57 pm »
Is it possible you forgot to add the sugar?   I only ask because I did that once when I was even more absent-minded than usual

Offline boonderoostudio

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2010, 11:56:50 pm »
Is it possible you forgot to add the sugar?   I only ask because I did that once when I was even more absent-minded than usual
I also did that once  when I was making bread in the breadmaker. Next morning we had a hot rock for breakfast ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2010, 12:16:10 am »
Is it possible you forgot to add the sugar?   I only ask because I did that once when I was even more absent-minded than usual
I also did that once  when I was making bread in the breadmaker. Next morning we had a hot rock for breakfast ;D ;D ;D ;D
No not the sugar, I remember putting that in.

Note - the key for me to not forget an ingredient is...I get everything out on the bench and in order of using it, like a production line.  As I use it, I put it away.  Then if I've forgotten something, it's staring me in the face saying "you forgot me".  Haven't forgotten anything since!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2010, 01:27:15 am »
Sure you put all the yeast in ?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2010, 03:02:59 am »

Yesterday I made scone-rocks - missed the baking powder out. Whoops!!!  :D

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2010, 03:07:20 am »
Sure you put all the yeast in ?
Pretty sure, when I took the lid off it was bubbling, just didn't rise properly.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2010, 11:28:32 pm »
Sometimes in the kitchen and in life things happen that simply have no explanation!
The next it will be fine for sure!
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline darls

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2010, 01:00:11 pm »
Ok I've done your bread tonite as kids need sandwiches for school tomorrow morning!

Very sticky after 1st rise - should I add more flour next time when I take dough out? It was very sticky inside TMX bowl too!

In oven now baking - the dough taste more like bread than EDC's basic bread that I baked this morning!! So fingers crossed I've found the bread the whole mob will like and bake it everyday!

Is there any difference between premium bakers white flour, any flour and self raising flour?

Thanks. Verdict from the mob will be posted tmw if I remember! :D

Cheers!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2010, 11:05:10 pm »
Mine is also quite sticky and the bowl is a pain to clean but the results are fantastic.  :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »

Very sticky after 1st rise - should I add more flour next time when I take dough out? It was very sticky inside TMX bowl too!

Is there any difference between premium bakers white flour, any flour and self raising flour?

First - with the stickiness - it is best to add a little extra flour if it is very sticky - as Isi said hers is sometimes sticky too.

Sometimes For me the dough is still too wet so  I put e a little bit of flower so it is more solid!

I tend to push the dough back into the TMX bowl after it has risen and knead it again for 30 seconds or 1 minute - usually it is not so sticky after that - if it is still sticky then I add small amount of flour so that it just comes away from the sides.

Best to use bakers' flour - check the protein on the flours in the shop - the more protein the better for bread.

Plain flour for cakes and biscuits has lower flour content and doesn't "develop" the stretchiness as well.

Definitely not self-raising flour for bread - it has raising agents that are not needed - although, there may be some uses
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:20:22 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2010, 11:54:24 pm »
Don't use just any flour for bread making ,  always use bread flour.  The EDC book bread is fine,you must give it 2 rises to double the volume.   Cook in cold or hot oven.   I have posted a photo of the EDC bread on my blog, I don't know how to put it on the Forum.  Maybe some kind person would shift it across.   I've also put some adaptions of isi's bread on my blog.  It sometimes help to see what it should look like.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2010, 12:21:25 am »
Sorry, just realised that my post needed clarification - leave to rise in the bowl, push it down and knead again and then judge if it needs more flour.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2010, 01:10:12 am »
Thank you for your help in this explanations Thermomixer ;)

Each person has to consider if  the dough need more flour or not! My sometimes is sticky too and I put more flower until I can work it with my hands.
The mass can never be worked too soft unless it will be Baked in a Form.

bye bye
isi

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2010, 04:24:27 am »
I had just moved down the posts to read this and realised I had 2 loaves of this bread rising and they had been there for some time.  :(They were well over the top of the tins but I think will be ok. Our computer is well away from the kitchen and I hadn't put the timer on. Couldn't smell them as I have rotten hay fever again today. Ghastly easterly winds. Well off to cook the bread as the oven should be hot enough now!!

The bread cooked beautifully despite its very long second rise. I had some for lunch-very nice.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:28:09 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2010, 05:07:54 am »
I tried this bread last night using all white spelt flour and added the 7 tbs of seeds, I added an extra few MC's of flour but the dough was still very sticky and the bread turned out very heavy. I tried one piece for toast this morning and will use the remainder of the loaf for breadcrumbs - does anyone know if it would be the result of using all spelt flour?
Nadine