Author Topic: which UK cookbook?  (Read 4160 times)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
which UK cookbook?
« on: December 18, 2009, 11:06:39 am »
Well as I am in the UK I thought I might as well order a UK book - I am wondering tho for those that have the UK and the Aus ones, which one would be best to get?
The Fast and EAsy or the Demonstrators Delights?  I cant really justify getting both of them!  Welll Im sure I can but Im trying to think about only getting one
Is either of them similar to the EDC in Aus?

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: which UK cookbook?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:20:26 am »
Fast & Easy ahs lots more recipes and tip.  About 3 times as many from memory
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 12:16:53 pm »
Yes I agree Thermomixer.  The Demonstrator Delights book is a lot cheaper but I have hardly used it at all. The Fast and Easy book is a big thick one like our EDC book and has lot's of great recipes.  :)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 05:21:02 pm »
Fast and Easy certainly has been good for me as a first TMX  cookbook and it has a good range of recipes.... have you thought about the Indian Cookery book as I think it is still available over here (or maybe you already have it).   Maybe you should buy 10 and sell them once you get back home to help finance your trip  ;D ;D

How are you enjoying the cold weather...?   It's certainly feeling very Christmassy now   :o :o
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:22:37 pm by Katya »

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 10:10:00 am »
Okay Fast and Easy it is!!

I do have the Indian one already, but only just got it before I left Australia so havent even had a chance to look at it

Am missing my Thermo...my mum has such a badly equipped kitchen as she is not a fan of cooking, im finding it hard to even find a knife that can chop carrots!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 02:47:13 pm »
Yes it would be Fast and Easy. It is packed with a lot of recipes very similar to EDC (but much much more in addition). There are hints before most recipes, and there is also a very good Basic Recipes, Hints & Tips page at the front which is useful for converting. Well done UK - no pictures, but an excellent TM cookbook.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand