Author Topic: Spelt Tortillas (with photos)  (Read 15901 times)

Offline Babymaker

• View Profile
Re: Spelt Tortillas (with photos)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 12:11:48 pm »
No worries :) I just did another thread in recipe requests too.
Cooking is like love.  It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.  ~Harriet van Horne

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 12:12:44 pm »
I made these tonight.  Spicy beef burritos - yummo!

Sometimes for a quick and easy lunch I make these and spread them with homemade nutella and sliced banana.  The kids love them!!!  :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 10:17:50 pm »
I've mae these a few times and they tasted great but I must be doing something wrong as they kept going crunchy which meant they couldn't be rolled. I was putting them straight in a zip lock bag to keep in the moisture but that didn't seem to work. Any ides - could it be I'm overcooking them? The kids also complained there was too much flour on them.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 10:59:12 pm »
How much wholemeal flour are you putting in them?  The more wholemeal, the crunchier they'll be.  Try all white and see how that goes.  Also, make sure your dough is not too dry.  And when you roll them out, just sprinkle the board/mat lightly with flour, adding light sprinkles as you need it while rolling out.  Do you have a Thermomat? or Silpat?  They work best for rolling out, as the dough doesn't stick to them as much.  And when you pick them up to put in the pan, dust them off a bit to get off the excess flour.

Hope it works better next time.  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.