Author Topic: Electric pasta machines  (Read 7262 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Electric pasta machines
« on: March 26, 2016, 01:29:04 am »
Thought I would create this thread, for those that don't access pasta groups on facebook.
I am still happily using my Philips pasta machine regularly, and the bonus is how quick it is!
I have recently purchased the thinner wonton/dumpling attachment...but yet to try it out.  Hopefully soon.

My favourite to date, is the curry pasta.
Removed 2 Tbsp. flour & replaced with 2 Tbsp. babas meat curry powder.
You could add even more for a nice bite.

I had lots of zucchini given to me,so I added the skins to the ninja with a little water, and strained, and used the juice for the pasta.

Carrot juice

Black pepper

Beetroot

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Electric pasta machines
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 09:37:08 am »
Perfect Pasta Maddy 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:01:03 am »
Wow Maddy, gorgeous pasta. I was gifted a Philips pasta  maker by a neighbour of mum's at the retirement village. I have used it twice. You have inspired me to use it more when I get home.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 08:28:40 pm »
Looks great Maddy.  So the Ninja is a small blender?  Do I need one :)  I know I could Google it but prefer to hear from someone who uses one.

Curious as to why it was used instead of the TM.  For me I use a spice grinder when grinding small amounts of spices as I find it does a better job than the TM in that instance.  Presuming the Ninja does small amounts of blending better? 

Loving your photos. :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 03:22:57 am »
I love my pasta maker Maddy. I don't know how I ever did without it. I use it at least once a week, probably more. I have used Beetroot powder and tomato powder in mine. I saw the cookie maker attachment at JB's yesterday and bought it. I now have all the attachments.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 06:42:21 am »
Maddy your pasta looks great. We use ours a bit but can't seem to get the fettuccine as wide and flat as yours. Any chance you could post a picture of the mould?

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 11:50:32 am »
Same here Wonder, I am going to try using the noodle attachment.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 12:12:13 am »
Looks great Maddy.  So the Ninja is a small blender?  Do I need one :)  I know I could Google it but prefer to hear from someone who uses one.

Curious as to why it was used instead of the TM.  For me I use a spice grinder when grinding small amounts of spices as I find it does a better job than the TM in that instance.  Presuming the Ninja does small amounts of blending better? 

Loving your photos. :)
Yes you need a Ninja Julie 😄
I've got a nutribullet and it's great (dare I say better than tmx) for single/double serves of smoothies and juices. Clean up is a breeze too ☺
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 04:29:54 am »
Yes, you "need" one Julie  ;)
Agree with what Jam said...quick & easy to use, especially for the kids making their breakfast smoothies, wash up a breeze & very powerful.
I went for the ninja slim, as I had a very limited space left beside the TM.
I picked it up from Woolies for $89 I think.  Came with 1 blade attachment, but 2 cups with spill proof lids.

Wonder....the attachment was in the Chinese noodle kit (flat wide disk).
I would say I would use this one the most.  The fettuccine disk that comes with the machine, I would class more as spaghetti size.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 12:23:56 am »
I will certainly look into it, thanks Jam and Maddy.  :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 03:44:04 am »
Thanks Maddy. I was at Harry Norman this morning and saw this pack of disks so purchased hoping it was the right one.

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 12:02:49 am »
I've long considered buying the pasta attachments for my Kitchenaid but they are so expensive.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 12:08:22 am »
I've long considered buying the pasta attachments for my Kitchenaid but they are so expensive.

I have them all for the KA and to be honest the resulting pasta is nicer looking but takes much longer to do.  The Philips is fantastic for making fresh pasta quickly so you aren't put off by the time it takes.  I haven't used my KA attachments for over a year now.  :)

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 12:16:26 am »
I'm really slow at making pasta, I just take too long, and then it starts to stick. I use a plain pasta machine and can do the sheets, but spaghetti never works for me.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 03:40:04 am »
Like Julie I also have the KA pasta attachment (I can't remember what it's called, but the one that does macaroni, rigatoni etc), but have only used it twice because it is quite time consuming. Unlike the Philips pasta maker that I've had since Christmas which is used weekly ☺
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/