Author Topic: Physiotherapists needed  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Physiotherapists needed
« on: January 14, 2015, 08:52:30 pm »
As some of you may know, my SIL is coming over from Scotland for a visit in a couple of weeks.  About 2 weeks ago she broke her arm badly - the humerus near the shoulder (sorry if my terminology and spelling is incorrect).  If age is relevant, she is in her mid 60s.  To cut a long story short, she is in need of physio every day whilst she is here so I am looking for good physios in Darwin, Brisbane, Sydney, Castlemaine / Bendigo and Melbourne. 

Does anyone know of / happy to suggest or recommend physios in any of those locations?  SIL is devastated that she may have to cancel her trip, but we are hoping that all will be fine.

Many thanks to you for any help or suggestions you can come up with - I am told that Skype may also be a possibility??  Her fracture clinic have stated a preference for the same physio for her time in Australia!  I don't know how practical that is, but the Skype option may be the answer there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:03:11 pm by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Physiotherapists needed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:04:38 pm »
I would ring

Australian Physiotherapists assoc  and ask for members numbers.
or ATMS in Sydney. ( Australia Traditional Medicine Society)

Any decent physio will be registered with a professional organisation, and they should help you. :)

I always got referral's for me from ATMS.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:02:47 am »
Good luck in your quest Marina.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 12:46:22 am »
Oh Marina that is horrid. I could probably have helped with Perth, but she isn't coming over. I think Robyn's suggestion is good. I am sure your SIL isn't the first person that this has happened to and they may well be very helpful.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/