Author Topic: Meal Planning Thread  (Read 145737 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Meal Planning Thread
« on: August 08, 2009, 07:38:11 am »
by request, a thread to post your meal planning in - share your plans, ideas, ask questions etc etc :)

mine are here http://brazen20au.blogspot.com/search/label/menu%20planning :)

i will do mine back to front this week as I've already shopped but havne't planned anything yet!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Meal Planning Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 07:45:11 am »
Does anybody out there parla italiano?  They have a weekly menu - but not much use if you can't speak the lingua.

http://bimby.mastertopforum.com/menu-dal-03-al-09-agosto-vp49203.html#49203

.... and before anybody jumps to conclusions, no I don't just go to look a the mermaid.  :o :o
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 08:09:53 am »
Thanks Brazen.

My meal plan extends for 3 nights so far, as I haven't thought about next week.  DH works odd hours and I haven't looked at his diary for next week yet.

Tonight we are having potato rosti, with chicken and veg. 
Sunday - lasagne and coleslaw
Monday - carbonara ( for DH and the DD's, I am going to cooking class  ;D)

Need inspiration for the rest of the week though???

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 08:43:58 am »
tonight i'm going out for dinner (vietnamese) so i don't care what dh cooks heheheh

tomorrow night M&D are coming for dinner and we'll have bbq meat and i'll make some tmx salads - beetroot, coleslaw and asian noodle salad

i need to try making some soups in the thermomix for my market night, was going to try potato & leek, sweet potato and a pumpkin one to see which cooks fastest

butter chicken & a potato and kale curry

this is what i bought that i need to use:
sugar snap peas (maybe a stir fry witht he tofu i bought today)
brussels sprouts (probably with steamed veg and grilled meat of some kind or maybe a roast)
english spinach
salad (tacos?)

I'm nearly out of meat in my freezer now but can't afford to do my big meat shop i usually do every few months, so i'm trying to use what i have (just chicken, some round steak and one pack of sausages) and do some more vegetarian meals.
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 09:04:12 am »
.... and before anybody jumps to conclusions, no I don't just go to look a the mermaid.  :o :o

;D ;D ;D Lol, wouldn't it be great though if eating from the TMX gave you a body like the mermaid...maybe not so good for your looks Thermomixer  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I wouldn't complain though  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 01:33:01 pm »
I plan Wednesday to Wednesday as that's when I do my shopping.

Saturday -hamburgers. (rolls made in TMX). Strawberry icecream in TMX
Sunday-pizza (dough made in TMX)
Monday-a slow cooker casserole, vegies in TMX with steamed puddings and custard in the TMX.  Having sweets as my cousin is arriving from Brisbane and I want to impress!
Tuesday-smoked salmon quiche-pastry made in TMX. Vegies in varoma and maybe sweets.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 02:00:28 pm »
LOL I am terrible, I plan breakfast to lunch and then lunch to dinner!!  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ - I really must get myself organised. Hopefully you will all inspire me  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 02:50:00 pm »
I pretty much always menu plan for the week and usually do saturday to friday. I am working my way through the freezer at the moment and need to do some cook ups for freezer meals. I am constantly thinking 'if I had the TMX I could do XY or Z LOL. Patience is in order I think!! I am looking forward to watching all of your meal planning and ideas  ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 04:36:14 am »
OK going to post mine here so I don't lose it lol.  I only plan night meals, other than that its get your own or sangas!

Sunday - eggs on toast, home late after church
Monday - lasanga and salad - both made in TMX other than pasta cause I'm being lazy on that one.
Tuesday - carbonara - TMX, I am working late so need a quick easy no fuss that kids will eat.
Wednesday - will be lamb shanks, probably in the slow cooker.  Mash in TMX
Thursday -
Friday -

Thats as far as it goes lol.  Dessert - usually a quick sorbet, icecream or custard.  DH will probably be away rest of the week.  Need to make a soup for myself at some point after Wednesday so that will be one vegie meal the kids will eat!

ETA - Wednesdays meal
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:38:28 am by ~Narelle~ »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 08:40:57 am »
I've only had time to plan 2 meals - likely to change my mind if I plan too far ahead.
Monday - doing a weber turkey breast roll with vegies. Might have a go at the yorkshire pudding recipe to go with it.  I love them with any roast, not just beef!
Tuesday - babysitting day so a quickie.  Have a pack of lamb shank sauce and red wine sauce as leftovers from other meals in the freezer so will combine the two and serve over spaghetti - DH will be looking for his meat but hopefully the taste will be so nice, he won't notice  ??? ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 12:40:16 pm »
I plan for the whole week in advance, but often change things along the way.  Basically on Tuesday night I sit down and write a menu plan and then make up my shopping lists.  It get's a bit complicated however because Tuesday is grocery day, Sunday is fruit and veg day (from the markets) and Monday is bulk food day.  My kids aren't great in shops so I try to spread it out over the week, but that makes it tricky to have all of the ingredients ready for meals. I tend to keep my bulk foods and fruit and veg very well stocked and that helps to keep me organised.  I am always throwing extra fruit and veg into juices and meals (or to the chooks) so I never really have to worry about excess.

With my grocery shopping I have made a list that I print off with all of the things that i buy regularly (grouped according to aisle).  I then just use a highlighter to quickly mark the things I need and write anything extra on.  I find it saves lots of time in the supermarket - I hate having to backtrack for items I've forgotten.   :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 01:33:30 pm »
3 days to do your shopping Chelsea  :o :o :o :o You must feel as though you spend 1/3 of your life in shops.  Can understand it not being easy shopping with children - I know DD leaves hers home with her DH and goes shopping at night.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 01:40:25 pm »
ha! should try having to buy gluten free too JD! i HAVE to visit coles, woollies, the health food store, the organic store just o get what we need as each stocks differently, and then there's aldi for the cheap basics, the wholesale butcher and the F&V shop.... F&V is the only one i do weekly and the others i try to do bulk shops at every 2 weeks - 4 months.
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 01:43:56 pm »
I take my hat off to all you young Mums with so much on your plate - no wonder you are exhausted sometimes Karen ;D ;D

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 02:37:36 pm »
Wow! Then add Consutant cooking to that Karen  :o  I have Fridays for tmx demos or preping with Miss 3 in care, so try to do what I need to then.

You are all very inspirational with your Menu planning!  I need to get organised and start.

Karen, do you have any suggested menu planning program - I did down load quirkycooking program but tbh it seems too detailed for what I want. Thanks
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog