Author Topic: My review of the Easi slide...  (Read 8539 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
My review of the Easi slide...
« on: May 09, 2014, 11:41:59 am »
Didn't know where to put this so gave it it's own thread....

On first opening the box, I loved the look of it, and now have tested it on a few different recipes and have to say... I love it  :D :D :D :D  Was not comfortable reviewing before I had made bread, but now I have, and I'm sold.  :D
I am vertically challenged (or just plain short!! ;)) so moving the TM without dragging was not an easy task (especially as I often have a child or two either on stools beside me or actually sitting on the bench beside the TM). Now it has it's own personal slide which just glides over the benchtop...it is even easy to move with just one arm!  ;D
I set it up as soon as I got it, and was very happy with the fit (doesn't stick out each side a long way or anything stupid), so decided it could indeed have a home in my kitchen.  When DH got home, he noticed straight away ( :o :o :o :o) and tried sliding TM across the bench on it etc. He then took the TM off and gave it a complete visual once-over...by this point I was starting to wonder what he was thinking, til he then said "that's pretty cool, how much did it cost you?" I told him ($25) and he thought that was a reasonable price, even tho he had by then worked out what it was made of etc.... :-)) :)
I have mixed on it from just gravy to bread dough. I have cooked on it up to Varoma temp. I have pureed on sp 10. I have used my TM normally while on the slide and am impressed. Not only does it look good, I feel the scales are much less temperamental, and of course...it makes moving my beloved TM so much easier.  :)
I was worried about it scratching especially as I have high gloss benchtops, but so far I have not noticed a single scratch - and yes, I have looked...closely!!!  :-)) :-[ :)
So far the bottom of the slide has stayed clean too, which is now the only worry I have on the slide... if something boils over and gets under the slide onto the felty stuff, how easy will it be to clean??

So there you have it - my very muddly review of the Thermo Easi Slide.
See here: http://www.alycealexandrastore.com/thermo-easi-slide/?src=prn#write_review

Would love to read others' reviews too, obviously everyone will have their own opinion.  :) :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:29:33 am by astarra »
:D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: My review of the Easi slide...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:34:47 pm »
Well done Astarra. I have been considering this.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 12:44:39 pm »
Great review Astarra  love mine not that it's had much work this week, I ordered mine just before Easter took 2 weeks to here. With all the holidays and Australia post.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:46:38 pm »
Thanks Astarra. It sounds worth getting.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:47:19 pm »
Thankyou for the review astarra. I've been looking at this too.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 01:06:56 pm »
A great review astarra, perhaps you should give a link back to where you purchased it for those who don't know.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 01:11:16 pm »
Great review Astarra. I've been thinking about buying one too, but hubby keeps saying it's too dear for a tile, I could make one for you! As if that's going to happen anytime soon 😝

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 01:17:19 pm »
Fabulous review Astarra and so pleased to hear it is working well for you. I am a little shorty too   ;D

mcmich

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 01:17:29 pm »
Great review Astarra. I've been thinking about buying one too, but hubby keeps saying it's too dear for a tile, I could make one for you! As if that's going to happen anytime soon 😝

Your DH would be able to make one. The over bath table he made was pretty amazing.  :D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 12:29:58 am »
A great review astarra, perhaps you should give a link back to where you purchased it for those who don't know.

Done  ;)
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 01:00:33 am »
Thanks astarra.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 02:11:29 am »
Sounds great Astarra, i love mine too.
Denise

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 03:03:30 am »
Another shorty here too.  I asked my builder to make one for me some time ago.  It works well.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 03:11:48 am »
looks like I will have to buy 2

Thanks Astarra
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url