Author Topic: Food Storage Ideas for Pantry Staples, Nuts, Seeds, etc  (Read 9264 times)

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re: Food Storage Ideas for Pantry Staples, Nuts, Seeds, etc
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 10:55:14 am »
There is a sale on Lock n Lock at the moment on BrandsExclusive.
Kylie

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 02:12:51 pm »
I found the other topic on glass versus plastic storage.....and guess what I started it hehe. I have moved house since then so have a different pantry. I don't have a lot of pantry space just a couple of shelves and a couple of large deeper drawers but that's it. No walk in pantry or anything.

I had a look at Sistema at the shops today and it's not bad. Think I'll be sticking with Decor as they work well for me. I would like to buy a stack and pour one to see how it works for me but can't find them ....only the rectangular ones. I also like how the regular Decor rectangular containers stack well when not in use.

Still researching though until they come on sale and reading all suggestions. I don't really want bits and pieces of different brands but to stick with the same one. Bought myself a Dynamo labeller though on sale at Woollies.

Offline ANNEUK

• View Profile
    • My (infrequently updated) blog
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 02:30:08 pm »
I'm always on the lookout for a good glass storage system....

One thing in response to original question - my undertanding is that you are best storing open packets of nuts and seeds in the fridge (in your container of choice). Their polyunsaturated fats are 'fragile' and go rancid relatively quickly/easily. Rancid polyunsaturated fats taste worse than fresh, but also contain nasty free radicals!