Author Topic: Is 00 flour the same thing as Bakers Flour?  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Is 00 flour the same thing as Bakers Flour?
« on: January 17, 2014, 02:13:11 pm »
There only seems to be only large 5kg bags of Bakers Flour in Woollies....well last time I checked......and I don't want that much. Is 00 flour the same thing or what else from Woollies can I get that is the same thing? In 1kg size?

Bonsai

Is 00 flour the same thing as Bakers Flour?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 02:40:49 pm »
00 flour is mostly used for pasta and and baker's flour for bread, check out this link http://www.lighthousebaking.com.au/tippo-00-vs-bread-pizza-flour-whats-the-difference-402/.

I buy bakers flour in 5kg bags in local supermarket and find 00 flour in an Italian deli. I have used bakers flour for pizza dough and all my bread baking so use it up quite quickly. I use bakers flour for pizza dough with success but use 00 for pasta. Uni is our forum expert on these things

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Is 00 flour the same thing as Bakers Flour?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 10:29:26 pm »
I buy the 5kg bakers flour for all my bread. For pasta I buy 00 flour or pasta flour from the bread shop. I get through the 5kg bags in about 2 weeks.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: Is 00 flour the same thing as Bakers Flour?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:44:48 pm »
I used to buy the 5kg bakers flour but don't want to get in the habit of making too much bread etc. Maybe I'll just look for a small bread flour. I can't remember what recipe I wanted to try but that's probably what i need.