Author Topic: Review Frozen Mojito Cheesecake Entertaining with Nico, Food for Friends Pge 11  (Read 2370 times)

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Thought I would post a quick review on the Frozen Mojito Cheesecake on Page 11 which I made for New Year's Eve celebrations.

The recipe just specifies to use a large springform tin so I used a 23cm one.  This is ok but the base ends up being quite thin and the filling only goes up the sides of the tin about half way.  So it ends up being quite a low flat cheesecake.  If you want something higher then obviously you'd use a smaller tin and have a thicker base as well.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo before this was devoured but taste and texture wise it was lovely.  The only thing I'd change is the biscuits used in the base.  I thought the Granitas were a bit plain but then maybe that's because there's so much flavour in the filling?  I think I'd try Ginger biscuits next time and see how they go.

But overall a really lovely cheesecake.  One of the things I liked most about it is that unlike some other cheesecakes it is very light but it still has lots of flavour.  

4/5 from me.

Linked JD

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:18:01 am by judydawn »