Author Topic: The Tefal Cook4me pressure cooker  (Read 21383 times)

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
Re: The Tefal Cook4me pressure cooker
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2013, 06:04:24 am »
Hi Maddy, I've been meaning to try the AWW Caramelised Pepper Pork. Do you make it as per the recipe? TIA

Sorry Choco....missed your post...
I double the sauce quantity, and at the end of cooking, keep pork warm in thermoserve & thicken the sauce with browning function.
I also use more pork than recipe suggests.

Thanks Maddy. I was worried that the sauce quantity did not seem to be enough, and I also planned to use more meat.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2013, 09:54:56 pm »
Maddy just have a question I find when cooking with meat, not chicken or fish the meat is still tough after cooking. This happened with the Massaman Curry and I left it in the fridge for a day then heated and ate and it was delish but if you wanted to eat straight away I don't think it would taste good. Have you found this?

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2013, 09:10:32 am »
Interesting Yvette....can't say I've had that issue yet....but I usually cook with  our own beef/lamb, so I know it's quality & has been hung for a good period of time....not like the supermarkets.  That does impact on tenderness.

I do know that you can overcook in the PC, as well as undercooking....so maybe Check the doneness a couple of minutes earlier than recipe states, as you can easily add extra time to cooking if needed.
I guess it all depends on the meat.

Yesterday I forgot to defrost meat for dinner, so I grabbed a peppered sirloin roast & a spiced roadt from aldi & cooked in PC.
I seared, than it suggested to cook in basket with 200ml water (I cooked for 40 mins. for the 2 of them)

It turned out great

Kids only like eating meat cooked in the PC (Lazy chewers I'm guessing)....hubby slowly coming around to it  :-\

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2013, 09:32:40 am »
Thanks Maddy yours looks delish. I have bought the chuck steak from two different butchers and both have turned out the same. But both have reheated great we had the Massaman Curry tonight and I reheated it in the microwave and it was beautiful. Might try gravy beef or something next time. I guess it is ok if you don't want to eat it straight away but was just wandering if this was normal.