Author Topic: Fairy Dust  (Read 12962 times)

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
Fairy Dust
« on: October 24, 2013, 02:27:01 am »
This would be very cool to do with your kids. Making fairy dust ! I saw it on Brisbane Kids FB page and thought I'd share it here too.  Better than lollies !

http://schoolmum.net/games/fairy-dust-recipe/

Last Christmas my daughter was living and breathing Rainbow Magic. On Christmas day she woke to a small jar of fairy dust and a letter from her beloved Rachael and Kirsty. There were so many gifts exchanged on the day, but nothing was near as exciting as the little jar of fairy dust and her special note.

Fairy Dust

500 grams of strawberries

Squeeze of lemon juice

Preheat oven to 65 degrees Celsius or 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two oven trays with baking paper.

Puree the above ingredients until smooth. Pour thinly over the baking paper. Bake for three hours, peel away from the paper and quickly pulse the dried strawberries in your blender or food processor until it resembles a fine powder.

This only makes a small amount, depending on what you are using the fairy dust for you can quickly whiz up some desiccated coconut or rolled oats and mix it through until well combined.

My daughter has a pinch of fairy dust and it takes her to fairy land, it enables the fairies to hear her thoughts and she can speak to them, this was all explained in her little note from her Rainbow Magic friends.

We have sprinkled our Fairy Dust on cupcakes, frozen bananas and many other things. I also think it would be great if you had a fussy little one who could sprinkle this on her meals. Be sure to let me know how you use it, I hope your little fairies love it!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:02:54 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fairy Dust
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 02:52:02 am »
Moved it where it can be found easily Deb.  This sounds great and it will be interesting to see what ideas to use it our members come up with other than the magical fairy dust for little girls.  I wonder how it would go in strawberry ice-cream, if the flavour would be more intense because of it.  Thanks for sharing, I'm sure some of our great cake making girls will come up with some good ideas.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:14:44 am »
Thank you Judy. Putting it in or on ice cream would be great I would think.  I will have to try it when I get some strawberries. I think my boys would like it too ......... with another name lol.

Do you think we should copy the instructions to the page instead of just the link ?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 03:50:50 am »
You can do, just leave the link there as well though.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 04:22:07 am »
ohhhhhhhh Debbiebilling........ ;)
My girls are going to love this! We seem to hear alot about fairies, princesses, pink and sparkles here - I wonder why...?  ;) ;) ;)
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 04:23:30 am »
I would like this on top of cup cakes for the kids. sounds great ;) ;)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 04:42:13 am »
Glad you like it ........ I thought it was pretty cool too ........ especially giving it to them on Xmas morning with a note from the fairies soooo cute. Might do this for Christmas for my best friend's daughter. Sometimes it would be nice to have a girl !

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 05:06:28 am »
Trouble is they grow up so quickly, my GD is way over fairies infortunately. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 05:56:16 am »
I love this. What a beautiful idea. Could it be dried dinosaur blood for boys? Perhaps they aren't into dinosaurs as much now a days. I could be well behind the times.  ???
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 07:31:37 am »
What a wonderful recipe Debbie  8)
I like the dinosaur blood idea Cookie.Little boys love anything gross :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline beyondbeeton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:55:42 am »
I love this. What a beautiful idea. Could it be dried dinosaur blood for boys? Perhaps they aren't into dinosaurs as much now a days. I could be well behind the times.  ???

My nearly 3 year old son loves dinosaurs Cookie, I must try this for him :)
Mum to two hungry boys born Dec 2010 and July 2013.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Fairy Dust
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 07:59:49 am »
do you think blueberries or raspberries would work, ds12 is allergic to strawberries but lily would just love this

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 08:07:38 am »
Mine loves dinosaurs too, it amazes me how they know all the names of the different species.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:01:51 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 08:20:52 am »
We used to do dinosaurs as a theme one term at school. We did it every second year but I still don't know the names of them all. There is obviously something about them that children love.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 09:56:18 am »
Yes my boys love dinosaurs. A couple of years ago when my DS now 9 was in grade 1 they did a term about dinosaurs. They  went on an excursion to a little island in Moreton Bay (teachers and parents buried some bones in the sand beforehand) and the kids went digging for dinosaur bones. The kids loved it. Good thinking Cookie.