Author Topic: Healthy Chocolate Mousse - The Healthy Chef - Teresa Cutter  (Read 11194 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Healthy Chocolate Mousse - The Healthy Chef - Teresa Cutter
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:53:05 am »
I haven't tried this recipe yet but might give it a go over the weekend for my DD who is trialling a dairy free diet and loves chocolate. I've tried a few Teresa Cutter's recipes and they've been great so hoping this one is the same and her recipe calls for it to be mixed in a high speed blender so it's just a matter of timing. She also says it can be used as a cake icing.

http://www.thehealthychef.com/2013/03/healthy-chocolate-mousse/

Members' comments]/b]
Aussie Brenda - I just had to make this RIGHT NOW , it is delicious, instead of trying to get the bowl completely scraped out I put in some milk and made a choc milkshake. I only made half the recipe, it isn't a lot but it is rich I think I put a bit too much cocoa in.

JD - I just had to try this too when I read it.  I had a very ripe avocado that would have probably ended up in the bin but it was fine when I peeled it so I made 1/2 the recipe but did add a full, very ripe banana and a splash of water.  What I test tasted was delicious. Note - a serving size is only 2 tablespoons.

Wonder - This was a failure in our house. DS licked a tiny bit off his spoon and said it was horrible and DD said she could taste the banana!  Even though I used only a small banana that was the dominant taste I noticed as well. We had a small amount with our panacotta a but I think the rest will go in the bin. Such a shame as I used real maple syrup and cacao so it ended up quite an expensive dish.

JulieO - I have to agree with you here Wonder.  Made this a few days ago and knowing it was 'healthy' couldn't save it for me, I threw the rest away as it wouldn't have been eaten.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:14:50 am by judydawn »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Healthy Chocolate Mousse - The Healthy Chef - Teresa Cutter
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:19:09 am »
Quirky Jo also does a vegan recipe similar to this one, it is quick, easy and DELICIOUS (I know it is easy, because I can make it!).  One observation Jo makes is to ensure your avocado has no bad spots as these can make the mousse bitter.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:53:51 am »
I just had to make this RIGHT NOW , it is delicious, instead of trying to get the bowl completely scraped out I put in some milk and made a choc milkshake. 

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 04:56:56 am »
I love all the recipes that I have made of Teresas - and I have made quite a few  :) They seem to adapt to the thermomix well.  Im really enjoying her pumpkin bread for breakfasts.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:03:30 am »
Wow that was quick Aussie Brenda. I find avocadoes always expensive and we don't end up using the whole lot when we buy them so this will be a great way to use up left overs. I've just purchased Teresa's book as it's only $9.99 and has a lot of good stuff on nutrition as well as lots of recipes that seem to be good for converting.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 07:30:22 am »
Wonder I bought a bag of avo's at Aldi and two were ready so,it was good to be able to use one I only made half the recipe, it isn't a lot but it is rich I think I put a bit too much cocoa in, will be nice with a bit of fruit "mango" on the side tonight.  

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 10:20:40 am »
Wonder & AB, I just had to try this too when I read it.  I had a very ripe avocado that would have probably ended up in the bin but it was fine when I peeled it so I made 1/2 the recipe but did add a full, very ripe banana and a splash of water.  What I test tasted was delicious and I'm thinking this might be one dessert I can get into DH when he comes home from hospital that is full of goodness. Not this lot though, that's mine for the next few nights. ;D

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 10:38:03 am »
It's nice isn't and good for,you too Judy.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 10:39:47 am »
Did you notice a serving size is 2 tablespoons AB?  I might have a bit more than that, maybe 4  ;D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:45 am »
No I didn't notice that I think I ate that much straight from the bowl  ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 08:35:29 pm »
Judy great to hear you made it so quickly, I'll have to look for ripe avocados this week and give it ago. I'm hoping my DS will be tricked and eat it as he loves chocolate but not much else that's good for him.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 09:28:22 pm »
This was a failure in our house. DS licked a tiny bit off his spoon and said it was horrible and DD said she could taste the banana!  Even though I used only a small banana that was the dominant taste I noticed as well. We had a small amount with our panacotta a but I think the rest will go in the bin. Such a shame as I used real maple syrup and cacao so it ended up quite an expensive dish.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 10:33:03 pm »
I'm still loving mine Wonder, have a big spoonful every night.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 10:35:35 pm »
This sounds so yummy.     

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 02:49:02 am »
I have to agree with you here Wonder.  Made this a few days ago and knowing it was 'healthy' couldn't save it for me, I threw the rest away as it wouldn't have been eaten.   :-[