Author Topic: Melbourne TM Community  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Sim

• Owner of a Melbourne-Based Cookie Company ;-)
    • View Profile
Melbourne TM Community
« on: January 06, 2013, 05:19:51 pm »
Hey Melbournites.

I'm kind of from Canberra, via many other places. Currently OS but I'm thinking about moving to Melbourne when I move back to Australia. Is there much of a face-to-face TM community in Melbourne?

Seems like a good way to meet people.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Melbourne TM Community
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:40:25 pm »
Hi Sim

There are quite a few active (and semi-active) Melbourne / Victorian members on this forum, but we are not as active as some other areas when it comes to getting together.  I have met a few other TMXers in the area and there has been some discussion about arranging a get together but, as yet, nothing has really happened.  I am sure you would be enthusiastically welcomed but it would probably be easier to arrange a cup of coffee meeting in a cafe somewhere with just one or two people rather than trying to get a group together - it would be great if I am wrong in that assumption, though.  If you are in the CBD / Collingwood / Fitzroy area drop me a PM and I will try to escape from work for a 'cuppa!  It would be lovely to meet you.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:55 pm »
Hi Sim, I'm also from Melbourne, well sort off, down the bottom end in the Mornington Peninsula, I know about 7 others with TMX's, only one other inactive on the forum, I did meet Dragongirly (Fiona) at a cooking demo. By Tenina that. Was nice maybe we will arrange a meeting sometime in the year.

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:17:12 pm »
Hi! I'm from Melbourne (Eastern subs). I'd love to meet some other TM users. If there were any recommended cooking classes I'd be keen for them too!  :)

Offline Sim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 02:48:05 pm »
Good stuff! I'll probably be back in April sometime. Maybe. Depends on how long I can hold out in England, the land of bad coffee and bad food.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »
Not all food is bad in the UK Sim.I'm not a coffee connoisseur drinker so can't comment.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Sim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 05:08:03 pm »
Not all food is bad in the UK Sim.I'm not a coffee connoisseur drinker so can't comment.

I've found some good stuff, and if you're a good googler you can find good coffee. I'm in Sheffield and there is about 3 good places. One thing I didn't realise when living in Aus was the SE Asian influence on our food. I miss that zesty herby punch of flavour. I didn't know how stuck in my ways I was.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:49 pm »
Thought it was funny that an internal BA flight in the UK served us chicken tikka!!!!!

Offline Sim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43:23 pm »
Indian food is everywhere in England. Anglo-Indian food is condsidered a separate cuisine. It's pretty yummy!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 10:22:59 pm »
Yes indian restaurans everywhere in the UK.

When I was in my 20's everyone would go down the pub on a friday night then off to the local indian to eat.

Sim, agree with you about the coffee, cafe nero is drinkable & one other shop at waterloo station, but thats about it.

M&S & other supermarkets  do good ready made meals, nothing like that here in Perth. I could buy a chineese or indian feast from m&s & it woukd be yumm. Not sure these days, last time was about 6 years ago.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »
I have to disagree as I have had good coffee in the UK.
I think you will find good and bad coffee everywhere in the world and it is all personal taste.
Lots of great restaurants there too and a great variety of cuisines.

I have had some really awful coffees here and some very disappointing meals as well.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:01:57 pm by Mama Fergie »

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 12:30:17 am »
Hi, Also from Melbourne (outer Dandenong Rangers)  Only know 1 other person with a TM but they are not on this forum.

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 02:56:24 pm »
I'm also from Melbourne (Eastern suburbs) and was wondering who else on here is from Melbourne's East  :)
I'm going to the TM basis cooking class in Bulleen on Feb 20th ( my consultants area)....anyone else from here going to that one?

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 09:45:22 pm »
Hi. I am from Melbourne too. Outer eastern suburbs. 
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 12:03:26 am »
I'm from Melbourne too, not far from Chadstone Shopping centre. Not that I go there far too expensive.
Chief cook and bottle washer