Author Topic: Seafood Paella  (Read 7113 times)

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Seafood Paella
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:09 pm »
Hi all,

Here is a Seafood Paella recipe of mine that I’ve converted to the TM.  It’s taken a couple of attempts to get right but I am happy with the result of this one.  Of course it doesn’t have the crispiness of a traditional paella but you could always add it to a hot wok for a few minutes or put it on to a baking dish and under a hot grill if you wanted to try and crisp things up a bit.  The turmeric will temporarily stain your butterfly yellow but I’ve found that it eventually comes off after a few washes.

SEAFOOD PAELLA - adapted from Super Food Ideas (Budget Favourites)

Ingredients
20ml vegetable oil
1 large onion, peeled and cut into quarters
1 red capsicum, trimmed and seeded
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon turmeric
300g long grain rice (I used basmati)
400g tin chopped tomatoes with herbs
375ml container of liquid fish or vegetable stock
450g marinara mix
150g frozen peas

Preparation
1. Spread the marinara mix and frozen peas across the Varoma tray and set aside.
2. Place onion, red capsicum and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds on Speed 7.
3. Add the vegetable oil and sauté for 3 minutes on Varoma Speed 1.
4. Insert Butterfly.  Add the turmeric and rice and sauté for 2 minutes 100° Reverse + Speed 1.
5. Add the tinned tomatoes and stock to TM bowl.  Place the Varoma containing marinara mix and peas on top of the bowl.  Cook for 15 minutes Varoma Reverse + Speed 1.
6. Remove Varoma and place cooked seafood and peas into large bowl or Thermoserver.  Add the cooked rice and stir until all ingredients are combined.  You can leave covered for 5-10 minutes if the rice needs to soak up any remaining liquid.

Tips/Hints
My marinara mix was very light on prawns so I added a couple of handfuls of frozen ones to the Varoma dish and steamed them underneath the marinara mix and peas.  You could easily add any extra ingredients this way.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:45:42 am by asha_76 »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Seafood Paella
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:47:18 am »
Sounds good. Did the marina mix cook on 1000?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Re: Seafood Paella
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:47:35 am »
Oops sorry...Step 5 should be "Cook for 15 minutes Varoma Reverse + Speed 1."

I've amended the original recipe.