Author Topic: Which gas BBQ would you recommend?  (Read 12764 times)

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: Which gas BBQ would you recommend?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 09:59:17 am »
Hi Gert, I was wondering were you were tonight....

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 01:09:50 am »
Michelle It looks great. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:53 am »
I think it looks great michele.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 04:24:28 am »
Hi all, after much consideration we have bought Masport BBQ. It is gas bbq with porcelain enamel plates. The big question is how do you clean it after use. Everyone seems to offer different  advice. It has to be simple and quick to entice  my DH to do it rather than leaving it since " it all burns off anyway".

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 05:37:51 am »
Stop cleaning it, smoke it up....

I agree. My BBQ man at BBQ Galore says the same. Do not spend your time cleaning a BBQ. Scrape the worst off . Emptymthemdrip,tray if it has one from time to time and leave it.

Mine is stainless steel and the bits can be put in the  dishwasher. As if.

Get
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 06:29:32 am »

I agree. My BBQ man at BBQ Galore says the same. Do not spend your time cleaning a BBQ. Scrape the worst off . Emptymthemdrip,tray if it has one from time to time and leave it.

Get

That's all well and good not to clean the bbq. I like things clean but don't particularly like doing it.
On the occasions we haven't cleaned our gas bbq the next time we have come to use it, mouse/rat poo all over it. Then have to do a major clean and burn the hot plate and grill to kill any germs  >:(

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 07:39:56 am »

Get

That's all well and good not to clean the bbq. I like things clean but don't particularly like doing it.
On the occasions we haven't cleaned our gas bbq the next time we have come to use it, mouse/rat poo all over it. Then have to do a major clean and burn the hot plate and grill to kill any germs  >:(

We use ours all the time all year round so it is sort of self cleaning  in a way. We only have to deal with cockroach ,gecko and rat poo occasionally. Then If we do not use it in a week we have to deal with the bacteria/ mould  growth. DH takes to it  with a  wire brush  occasionally and every 6 months or so he may use oven cleaner on it. I go shopping while this operation is going on.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 08:11:14 am »
Wise move Gert.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 09:36:23 am »
We are going to build a BBQ in outside in the elements. We were looking at one and the salesman said it was the way to go, but my BIL who has one said his mate has a better one with "side burners" that would not collect the water. Anyone know anything to sh'd some light?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2012, 12:16:42 pm »
we have a beef eater model 19855..... it is great ... it has a side burner as well, i only ever do my roasts in here ,,,, we also have the ceremic heat tile side thingy plate that sits under the grill. it is an awesome accessory to have as well. i remember when my hubby and i bought our bbq it was brand new and for us at the time alot of money ..... but now 6 years down the track we are still flogging it, never had any troubles ever. we too bought a cover from bunnings for it just to protect it when it is not in use.
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P