Author Topic: Recipe Storage Idea  (Read 7634 times)

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Recipe Storage Idea
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:44:01 pm »
For those of us who like to print off recipes, finding ways to store them can be a challenge but I may have found the solution:

http://www.maiathebee.com/2011/12/weekly-challenge-recipe-binder-and-free.html

Sharon x
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Storage Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:01:04 pm »
Great idea Sharon.   I use pepperplate for mine.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:03:18 pm »
This looks much like my recipe book, but a little more under control.  You can buy extra wide divider tabs from good stationers - just go in and ask them.  NB.  I'm not sure if the larger stationery chains stock them, if not you may have more luck at the smaller stationers.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 01:51:59 am »
I used to love to scrapbook and combined this with my love of cooking and began my own recipe scrapbooks.  One for sweet, one for savory and one for thermie

So many recipes, so little time
I do the best I can

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 02:09:17 am »
Gorgeous Chrissa, they will be lovely to pass on one day - not too soon I hope!  You will have trouble keeping up now though with all the lovely TMX recipes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 02:53:38 am »
that is so pretty Chrissa  8)

I'm still to print out and laminate the recipes like Judy had.
have the pretty box to put them in, just bought the pink and white spotty division cards.
since I've had the iPad, I have just been copying and pasting into the paprika app.....but I really would like a hard copy in case something happens to the iPad  :o
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 03:46:06 am »
Chrissa they are beautiful!
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 03:46:22 am »
I love this Chrissa!!  I have the exact album at home, well I should say papers  :) I used to  love scrapbooking, but now working full time, no longer have time. Maybe I'll do something like yours in my holidays. Very inspiring.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:46:16 am by SoBlessed »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 05:53:01 am »
I think I'll make a book for recipes this week.

All my favorites from here, and then bind it..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 06:08:55 am »
I bought a recipe binder from Kikki K years ago, but until I had my TMX it was pretty empty. Now it's getting pretty full and I need more dividers as it didn't come with enough. Eg would be handy to have one just for bread.
Melbourne, inner north

jakodai

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 06:51:44 am »
I love this, there's a part of my that would rather do it this way than use Paprika... :-S

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 10:57:27 pm »
Thanks all for your kind comments

Here are the three folders

The open one is for my Thermie recipes but I haven't added many yet.

They are simply a piece of stiff board covered in little pieces of paper using a PVA  glue to stick them down and then you glue over the whole thing so it's wipeable and add some ring binders.

I think I'm gonna need some more folders though.  Here is my drawer of recipes either printed or hand written

And here is the rest of my books, mags etc

And my brother passed away recently so I've inherited his recipe collection

~ so many recipes ~ so little time ~
I do the best I can

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »
I love this, there's a part of my that would rather do it this way than use Paprika... :-S

You can print your recipes out from paprika J, send them as an email.....which is what I'll plan to do, then laminate them.
As pretty as Chrissa's book is, it's not practical for the space I have, and I'm such a MESSY cook....everything needs to be wipeable  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:06 pm »
I agree with Maddy.  My books aren't suitable for keeping every recipe but I try to put in the special ones, like my Nan's handwritten  nut loaf and my BFF's melting moments and recipes that my family and friends know as mine.

It will be nice to hand them down to someone in (hopefully) a long time.  I know I loved it when I got my Nan's handwritten recipes.

I'm going to use paprika ~ I  think its a great idea but am worried about my iPad crashing.  I know you can print them out ~ just look at my draw full of print outs !!!!!!  But I can never find anything.

I think for the bulk of recipes, paprika is the go and ill see if i can back it up somehow.

The best kitchen tool at the minute is my iPad  ~ i dont know how i managed without it and tapatalk and of course all the lovely members on this forum.
I do the best I can

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 11:53:47 pm »
I love paprika, panicked yesterday, i must have done something & my icons moved, I couldnt find paprika, it wasnt in its normal spot, so got very stressed, found it, but it made me realise I would be stuffed if it vanished.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......