Author Topic: Recipe Review - Coffee and Date Muffins - Devil of a Cookbook  (Read 3845 times)

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Made these this morning, delicious  :D

Very soft and light and if the thought of dates puts you off ( my teens groaned when they heard I was putting dates in muffins) they are whizzed up into a pulp and you would never know they were there  ;)  A nice caramel sauce and you would also have a lovely dessert muffin.  Makes 12 medium sized muffins

Will definately make again 5/5
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Recipe Review - Coffee and Date Muffins - Devil of a Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:41:30 am »
Yum these look great.
I just got an invert action to Devil of a cookbook cooking session with Fiona Hoskins, would love to go and get a signed copy :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:45:35 am »
I made these today, the first recipe I have cooked from the Devil cookbook. They smelled DELCIOUS when they came out of the oven, so I was really looking forward to seeing mum's reaction when she tried one. But then I went for my personal training session (2 hours :-))) and I didn't get to see her eat one. When she picked me up she said "Amy, I don't think you should make those muffins again." I was devastated and asked why not, and she said "because they're so yummy I can't stop eating them." ;D ;D ;D

Definitely a winner here, and I'll definitely be making them again!! 5/5 :D

Offline Judydg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:52:31 pm »
Just mad these - they are lovely and light. Personally I would prefer a bit of texture so would add some pecans or walnuts or maybe some icing. But a super easy recipe with tasty results! As knitter cook said, would be a lovely dessert with caramel sauce ( and ice cream!)