Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035823 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26490 on: October 11, 2022, 09:40:42 pm »
Just trying to catch up, sorry for the long gap but I haven’t forgotten our Forum friends.
A month to go until settlement.  We can take only a very small amount of stuff to new home.  We have sold a lot and given away even more. 2 antique dealers have bought a lot. We have a storage unit and again will need to get rid of a lot that is in there. Ral is having more trouble than me at letting go.
We are having our very close friends visiting today for lunch.  Haven’t seen them for about a year. I’ve done something I have never done before. Bought most of it. I’ve bought a dip and veggie platter from Wilsons, plus salad , cheese and slices. I did cook a loin of pork in the BBQ and finished the crackling in AF. Wilsons are having a lucky dip for a TMX. They entered me.  :D
The ducted heating/ cooling appliance broke down after the sale. As the contract has a clause that everything is to be in working order, we are replacing it. Very expensive.
Over the last couple of months I’ve emptied and sold the freezer.
The lift is to be installed in the week following our shift in. It takes 3 days to install. One to cut hole and then 5 days later to install. By law a dedicated phone must be in the lift and a house key placed in a safe box with a code outside.
I hope everyone is keeping well and the rain isn’t causing any trouble.
More soon.
We are still staying with DD and will be until we shift.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26491 on: October 12, 2022, 12:52:35 am »
We all understand how busy you’ve been Chookie, both with Ral’s treatments and preparing the house for sale. They are the most important things but thank you for thinking of us and popping in when you can. There are so many great options these days when purchasing ready made food,  whether it be for visitors or a quick meal for ourselves. To me it is quite an acceptable thing to do when time does not allow us the time to self cater.

After what you’ve been through  I’d love to see you win the TMX, fingers crossed for you. Chookie emptying a freezer and then selling it, never thought I’d see the day that would happen.

Bad luck about the air conditioning having to be replaced but I guess for your buyers it’s a good thing, you would not have wanted it to go just after they took possession. Life continues to throw a curved ball at you but as usual you just do what has to be done and get on with it.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26492 on: October 12, 2022, 08:50:44 am »
Wonderful to hear from you Chookie. You must be so very, very busy.
Sad that you have to say goodbye to so many things, but this is a new adventure for you. Sending hugs over to you both.

We are in Kulin for another night. Went to the local garage/museum this morning. Spent over 3 hours to the lovely,  sturdy gentlemen that run it. This afternoon we drove out to the breakaways, about 53 km out of town.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 08:54:38 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26493 on: October 12, 2022, 09:30:50 pm »
Chookie what a lot you are achieving. I saw that Wilson’s had the TMX raffle just after I’d been there , their Renovation of store looks good . Great for you to catch up with friends, a change in the day is so beneficial.
We had 82mm yesterday afternoon! 6 mm overnight ! That’s a lot of rain , a friend near me did not believe me as they only had like 10 mm . The weather cell was epic . Water everywhere chooks area underwater ! They are fine walking through it and can get up on their boxes . One drenched cat all good . It is still raining this morning . Hopefully we don’t get the predictions of more rain today !!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26494 on: October 13, 2022, 02:04:00 am »
I cannot believe the rainfall that the eastern states are receiving K Atie. I hope the rain eases for you and all those affected.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26495 on: October 13, 2022, 03:12:14 am »
Lovely to hear from you Chookie.  I understand how hard it is for you both to let go of things that mean so much to you.  Sending hugs to you both.

We have missed most of the rain that has been falling all over the state although we have been advised that we may get some heavy falls overnight and tomorrow.

Yesterday we both had a doctor appointment, all good.  Then I did the shopping in the afternoon.  Lots of bare shelves again.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26496 on: October 13, 2022, 08:05:23 am »
Great to hear from you Chookie, everyone has already said exactly what I would say so I won't repeat it.  You will be so relieved once you have settled in your new home and have stopped living out of boxes.

DH has been in Guildford yesterday and today due to the heavy rain combined with the local council making a huge mess of the local storm water drainage - aiming a lot of it into our place (we are "working" "with" them for that!)  Anyway, the place is pretty good now and has been sand bagged so DH is on his way back now.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26497 on: October 13, 2022, 09:42:34 am »
I hope everyone is safe with the rainfall they are having. We’ve been watching it on the news and it so horrid.

Today we drove from Kulin to Narrogin. It was less than 200km. A lovely day although cold in the morning. DH used to live in Narrogin so we are staying overnight and have visited some of his old haunts-ones that are still around anyway.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26498 on: October 15, 2022, 01:06:27 am »
We had 125 mm in all ! Lots of overflowing dams , swamps that have had no water in for ever are full more like lakes . We have at MIL a huge swam/ lake with it no where to go ... front and rear drives only able to get in with old ute . Don’t worry MIL stocked up with my chemist run and my DH is taking in milk and bread . Meanwhile DH DS are getting lambs ready for marking . We are wet underfoot the crops will just have to see obviously where water has been loose that , lupine are a worry truly thankful that it was an event and all is good . Major roads blocked everywhere. DS drove through his first water on the road , it was over the road but it was in fact our place a wetland area that is in a dip . I had just gone through it to collect him . A thousand times said do not do this on own or familiar ground ,eek. What a week . Looks like DS trip camp to Dookie for Virtual School of Vic .. Agriculture and Horticulture is cancelled for him due to unsafe to get there . I was taking Three boys there next week ( like a 5 1/2 hour drive ) sad for them .
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 01:10:23 am by K Atie »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26499 on: October 15, 2022, 12:03:13 pm »
It is sad for them KAtie. Lots of awful things happening with the floods.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26500 on: October 16, 2022, 02:21:35 am »
It certainly messes up people’s plans and life will not return to normal for some for a long time. It is so devastating for so many, my heart goes out to those affected.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26501 on: October 16, 2022, 04:04:11 am »
What a week my heart goes out to all affected by the floods . Incredible how a lot of water has receded here. Using 4wheel drive only to the other farm , incredibly we have two shearers today to do the Rams DH has had them in the Wool Shed before the rains , they have been out in the sun too. Drove around with the boys DS drone up to see where all the water is .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26502 on: October 16, 2022, 12:16:06 pm »
I did a pile of ironing this morning and sneezed this afternoon. I have hayfever. 🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26503 on: October 17, 2022, 01:16:41 pm »
Been feeling off most of the weekend but managed a whole day up . Lucky I was as the bee man came ! Unfortunately he sprayed them as too hard to get out , now I’m not convinced it’s worked yet . A few weeks he will come and remove the bees that have nested in an old tyre which I have wanted gone for ages . Kittens at it again baby tiger snake , I’ve been trying to watch were they go to find the home of all these baby snakes , but not yet successful . Beautiful weather today DH even mowed around the house this morning.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26504 on: October 18, 2022, 12:38:15 am »
Get well soon K Atie, your life is too busy to be unwell. Snake season would be a nightmare to have to live with.