Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035938 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1140 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:03 am »
A very productive day JD. I love my clean windows. I have floor to ceiling solid glass and no curtains so when the light is on inside at night the geckos and frogs and all sorts of critters make a mess of them. Thank goodness for Maria my wonderful,cleaner,  who loves to keep them clean.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 18, 2012, 08:39:33 am »
Amy, rather than buy a foot spa, I have a square plastic container that my feet fit into.  I then bought some bags of cheap marbles from the $2.00 shop.  Fill the container with warm water with your favourite bubble bath or essential oil, put in the marbles and soak your feet.  Run your feet over the marbles for a massage, pick them up in your toes etc.

After soaking I normally do my heals with the pumas stone to get rid of the dry skin.  Have a towel near by to dry your feet.  Then rub in your favourite foot cream. All up I think it cost me less than $10.00.  Also easier to clean than a foot spa.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 18, 2012, 08:41:10 am »
You are lucky Gretchen.  My housekeeper hasn't started yet, I'm signing the paperwork next Wednesday but I doubt they would want to clean windows.  You mentioned earlier that your Maria doesn't do everything, what is it she doesn't like doing?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 18, 2012, 08:43:15 am »
Amy, rather than buy a foot spa, I have a square plastic container that my feet fit into.  I then bought some bags of cheap marbles from the $2.00 shop.  Fill the container with warm water with your favourite bubble bath or essential oil, put in the marbles and soak your feet.  Run your feet over the marbles for a massage, pick them up in your toes etc.

After soaking I normally do my heals with the pumas stone to get rid of the dry skin.  Have a towel near by to dry your feet.  Then rub in your favourite foot cream. All up I think it cost me less than $10.00.  Also easier to clean than a foot spa.

Hey, thats a great idea Keiramax! Now I just need a container to fit my size 12 feet into :-))

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51:05 am »
Keiramax I like your style.

JD she is not so fond of the kitchen which is fine by me as that's any easy one and done daily.  She loves windows screens bathrooms and floors. All because it makes the house sparkle and that is her one wish.  I make life easie for her by  removing any obstacles  in her way. She can swing that mop  like a Sufi dancer. She even hoses the outside of the house.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 18, 2012, 08:56:03 am »
She sounds a great find Gert, I'll be happy if mine is half as good as that.  I've heard of some cleaners who don't even move kitchen chairs to sweep under the table  ???

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 18, 2012, 08:57:42 am »
That is why a dog is handy.

Gert

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 18, 2012, 09:02:34 am »
Today we put our second doggy online to give away :((

Also need to book flights to oz for dd ds and i.. Dh will come out later when he has tied up the necessary in france... Date planned for us deb oct if we can get the flights we want and we are joining my parents second flight home from their intl trip so im not by myself with all the bags and two kids on that flight.... Date set now so will start to go fast...ahhhhh
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 18, 2012, 09:06:03 am »
Kim, great idea coming home with Mum and Dad - 3 months or so, that will go so quickly.  :-*

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 18, 2012, 09:12:05 am »
They will be coming from istanbul and us from paris so will be great to meet up with them for the second leg to oz and they have a driver waiting fir them and will organise for us too which will make it so much easier..

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 18, 2012, 09:23:07 am »
Wow Kim the time is going to go so fast now. Great to be able to meet up with your parents for a helping hand. That's such a shame about your dog, you didn't consider going through the quarantine period here did you?

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1151 on: July 18, 2012, 10:01:31 am »
That's not far away at all Frozzie. Are you getting nervous or excited?
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:54 am »
Wow Kim the time is going to go so fast now. Great to be able to meet up with your parents for a helping hand. That's such a shame about your dog, you didn't consider going through the quarantine period here did you?

Yes we did but the problem initially is thatvwe ont know where we will be living long term and at my parents they have no fencing and alot of snakes and toads thatvare apparently toxic for dogs if they et tem which he eats everything.. So to put him though the long quarantine process with nowhere to put him except in. Kennel where he woudnt be happy either nd for how long we dont know as where we will live permantly will depend on dh work.... Its been a very hard decision but we think he will be happiest if we can find him a home here..we have thought of everything but think even though very hard this is the bet solution...i wouldnt wish this decision on anyone.. Horrible feeling like you are abandoning a family member. :((

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 18, 2012, 10:34:33 am »
Wow Kim, you will be here in OZ so soon, Can't wait... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 18, 2012, 11:57:31 am »
I think you are making the right decision for the doggy. They are very adaptable and will try to fit right in and please a new family.  Hard one but  best  all around. When you settle  maybe a trip to the pound to rescue another doggy.

Gert