Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6074945 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25860 on: January 22, 2022, 07:28:38 am »
Judy, I remember when an Uncle died. He didn’t have any children and his wife had pre deceased him. He left his house and contents to my Dad. They were living on the farm still so we said we would clean it out. It really hurt to throw their photos away. We kept the ones where we knew people but the rest went to the tip.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25861 on: January 22, 2022, 07:44:28 am »
Yes photo collections end up being a big job for a lot of people.  Today has been an inside day, rain glorious rain has arrived for our gardens so I’ve spent 8 hours going through more recipe print outs and magazine cuttings after finding a whole heap of them in a cupboard in the third bedroom. The paper I now have to recycle for more printing on the blank side would be the equivalent of 3 or 4 packets of printing paper.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25862 on: January 22, 2022, 09:46:52 am »
Impressive Judy , you are very good on your sorting .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25863 on: January 22, 2022, 10:08:54 am »
Photos, same problems here. Bit more complicated. Dad gave movie camera to neighbour who was on the first Aussie flight into Hiroshima . He took photos. Later died as result of exposure. I offered the movies to Australian archives but the said they wouldn’t consider them unless we had them converted to videos.
Also Dad won several home movie awards. We have these still on 8 MM film. I really need to have these converted to video. I’m in several as a small child.
More to today. Friend  has been given a TMX 5.  Knows nothing. Can’t even turn it on. DIL came today and set up face time and I was able to get her going.  She is so excited.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25864 on: January 22, 2022, 10:21:19 am »
Impressive Judy , you are very good on your sorting .
It’s in my genes K Atie, Mum was the same.
Chookie you’ll get around to the converting into videos one day, maybe DS could help you in that regard.    Don’t the consultants give you a home demo these days, is that because of Covid?  I think you might be receiving a few more phone calls from your friend LOL.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25865 on: January 22, 2022, 10:41:36 am »
Judy, I don’t mind spending the good word on TMX.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25866 on: January 23, 2022, 01:23:34 am »
Family out finishing off harvest last day fingers crossed. Have cleaned out kennel as it was on cement and found lots of tiny ants and creatures underneath. Washing kitten blanket too . They have grown so much and adventure up trees now . Always close to each other . Too hot to do much hoping no paddock ban before we finish , always lots to do ... harvester has to be cleaned it’s huge and blow out all the dust . Lucky it’s all nearly at the main property so moving field bins ,fire truck ,fuel tank ,semi, chaser bin tractor and Ute all easier to put away . DS sleep pattern is questionable and he will need the week to get back into a normal routine.  DH always takes awhile to reset his day .. going into shearing too soon , that’s another story shearing team disbanded and no shearer’s !!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25867 on: January 23, 2022, 09:03:47 am »
Chookie I feel disgusted with the Australian archives. Such valuable footage.
KAtie if it isn’t one thing on a farm it’s another. Our seas was earlier than yours so we had a good space between harvest and shearing. Have the teams been disbanded because of Covid?

We had a car run today. We took an air conditioned car as it is so hot. Most club members did. One member who owns Wooleen station in the Murchison https://wooleen.com.au/
Came in his 1935 Rolls Royce. When he does this we call him The Squatter. His son runs the station now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 09:27:42 am by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25868 on: January 23, 2022, 10:57:00 pm »
Oh I love that car cookie and I’m glad you were able to find some shade to park under. Very gutsy of you all to go out into that heat.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25869 on: January 24, 2022, 02:42:48 am »
Cookie, what a beautiful car.  You are very brave going out in that heat.
GC came yesterday. GS looking at our security gates that are playing up. Couldn’t fix it. Installer coming tomorrow. GD has the bread making bug.  She is house sharing for hols. She said the boys eat a lot of bread.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25870 on: January 24, 2022, 02:51:18 am »
Housework for most of this cooler day. I also need to fill the biscuit tin. I thought I may make some lamingtons as it's cooler and Australia Day is coming up.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25871 on: January 24, 2022, 09:06:41 pm »
Did a little night driving with DD , saw a few kangaroos and into our drive ... agapanthus on one side that DH threatens to pull out , yes you guest it a tiger snake DD was driving so it escaped but I was now dark and I had no idea if it was up in the wheel hub or not ( no I did not look either ) rescued kittens and Tommy with DS . They were not far from the snake really . So I locked them up for the night in the boiler room were they sleep eat etc .. kittens playing on the lawn this morning ,they too can get out the window like their mum . So warm at the moment ,will not water as I think that’s what has brought the snake close to house .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25872 on: January 25, 2022, 01:35:41 am »
Hot 33, cooking in SC to not heat up kitchen. Chicken legs in sauce.  Will add capsicum and celery to sauce when nearly cooked. Cooked rice from freezer.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25873 on: January 25, 2022, 05:51:14 am »
I did a really good clear out of the fridge today, gone is anything I don’t use these days which meant lots of jars and bottles not making it back.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25874 on: January 25, 2022, 07:42:26 am »
An early trip to the supermarket this morning to beat the heat.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.