Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6092293 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17715 on: May 14, 2015, 09:07:28 pm »
Bad news, CC, hope they get it back to you soon.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #17716 on: May 14, 2015, 09:51:40 pm »
Doesn't sound good Cornish.  Do you still have the 31 to tide you over?   I'd hate to lose my machine even for a few days.  :-\

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17717 on: May 14, 2015, 10:50:59 pm »
That's bad luck Denise, it seems almost everyone has had to send theirs back with this error.  I hope this will be the one and only time it has to go back seeing as your SIL has your TM31.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17718 on: May 14, 2015, 11:21:51 pm »
Many thousands all over the world have had to go back to be fixed. It has cost Vorwerk a lot of money and loss of credibility  not to mention the PR being very bad. Those who feel the service is wonderful then  they don't know what good service is. It should begin with selling a fault free product ex factory and not rectifying a fault after sales just to meet the deadline. They should have postponed their big expensive bash in Paris and delivered a worthy machine at a later date. I am sure Vorwerk did not anticipate the backlash they have justly deserved.

We all deserve an acknowledgement of the substandard machine and an apology to those who have had to suffer the loss  plus they should extend the warranty.  I have now been without the use of my machine for 45 days and I had to spend an hour and 20 minutes of my time and petrol to deliver it to the inefficient, careless hands of TNT, which make Australian Post look a pretty good bet in the courier business.

Those in Canada will now get the benefit in a few weeks of our "test run" and later on the US will also benefit.

Measure twice and cut once. Maybe the Germans never heard of that saying.

Does anyone now who the lucky few consultants/ managers from the Perth area who are being trained to train the Yanks in demonstrating? I would love to be in that training camp!

Gertbysea
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:24:06 pm by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17719 on: May 15, 2015, 06:35:24 am »
I'd love to know who those going to US are Gert. 45 days without your machine definitely needs the warranty extending. Especially as they can't get their act into great to even have TNT pick it up on time. Or perhaps I should say use a courier who is slack as TNT appear to be.

DH has gone fishing again. Keeping my fingers crossed.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #17720 on: May 15, 2015, 07:03:04 am »
I would love to throw a fresh fish on the Barbie cookie. Flick one over here. No need to clean it even.

Can you just imagine the amount of crap I would have to go through to get an extension from Grace? Honestly I am so over this machine and am so sorry I bought it I am thinking of buying another 31 from some poor bugger who does not realise how valuable it  now is. People will be clamouring for the TMX31 long after this TM 5 has bit the dust.

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #17721 on: May 15, 2015, 07:13:13 am »
And cookie those chosen few or wannabes  are not exactly unknown. Vorwerk is beyond stupid to think they can keep the goings on a secret after recent events. Anyone for the Canadian launch?  They know damn well  the Thermomix is being sent across the border from Canada. That will no doubt to stop with the launch in the States that is  if they  ever figure out how to sell it to the Yanks. Once the Americans hear about all the problems I cannot see them forking out hard earned Greenbacks except in the White House Kitchen and a few chefs. I would think that all the restaurants and chefs in the US now using the 31 would steer clear of a problematic machine.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17722 on: May 15, 2015, 08:58:14 am »
Doesn't sound good Cornish.  Do you still have the 31 to tide you over?   I'd hate to lose my machine even for a few days.  :-\
Julie I gave my TM31 to my SIL.

My faith in Vorwerk has been shaken.I too was caught up in the hype of a new "reliable" machine.We will see if my TM5 lasts as long as previous models.
Just had an email from the courier and they are going to pick it up in an hour.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17723 on: May 15, 2015, 09:29:52 am »
I haven't had a problem with my TMX5.
Sorry for those of you who have - if you are happy with TMX31 stick with it.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17724 on: May 17, 2015, 06:40:17 am »
Dh and I have been on a bike ride around The Lake today. Beautiful weather for it.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #17725 on: May 17, 2015, 12:38:24 pm »
Can't belive how long you have waited Gert.  Have you called Perth and what sort of response did you get?  I agree you do need a longer warranty!!

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #17726 on: May 17, 2015, 12:44:10 pm »
Oh how sad for you both. I must say I am always hesitant to use my 5 for recipes that require long times at varoma temp. I tend to use my 31 as I know it can handle the heat LOL. Fingers crossed you both get your machines back in a timely manner.
Kylie

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
« Reply #17727 on: May 18, 2015, 01:18:24 am »
How frustrating for you all. I'm glad I stuck with my TM31 after hearing these reports.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #17728 on: May 18, 2015, 06:10:58 am »
Trying to put a bit of organisation into my house (especially the sewing room) as I keep losing things. Had to cut out some trousers yesterday with cheep scissors and it just doesn't work.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #17729 on: May 18, 2015, 06:41:15 am »
Made 8 jars of Crab Apple jelly.  Now making Medlar Jelly. All fruit from Farmers Market.  Most of the Jelly will go back to the Market.
Still waiting for the Gardener to come. Sent a message to say was still finishing off last job. Said tomorrow. We will see. !