Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6074125 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11925 on: December 15, 2013, 04:37:46 am »
Mandi you definitely need a break, insist on it - if they haven't enough back up workers on their books then they should get some or they will lose the workers they have if they continue to use the excuse there is no-one else. Are you casual or full-time?  You're too amiable and they are taking advantage of you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #11926 on: December 15, 2013, 04:59:13 am »
Thanks Judy, I'm part time. I have my permanent hours which are fine, but they keep throwing all these extra shifts at me because there is no one else. They recently employed 4 new staff, but apparently I heard today that none of those 4 people showed up. Something it's right and it's getting desperate, two of the other worker who work with this lady are off on holidays shortly which only leaves me to cover all their shifts. I feel like telling them to stick their job and I will go else where. But I feel obligated to stay because of the lack of other workers available.
  I don't understand why people complain about no work out their available when the opportunity comes their way they run the other direction. It's really starting to make me mad :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11927 on: December 15, 2013, 06:02:29 am »
Dede just say no. Been there done that. No one will be left. Sometimes the family just have to pick up the slack and look after their own. Not your problem. Do what you want to do and no more. You will certainly not get the sack but if you want to quit you can always do your own negotiations with people you like. The agencies sit on their ass taking the money while you do the work. Definitely not worth it. Not worth it to your family either. They do not need a worn out stressed out wife and mother ? Financially you will manage. Look after yourself first.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #11928 on: December 15, 2013, 06:22:07 am »
I hear you Gert. But I still feel trapped as there is no family around, and this client is complicated so they can't send in just anyone as they need to do buddy shifts first to learn how to position this lady and move her. This lady has lost 5 worker in the last 5 months and only gained one (me).
Everyone is leaving the organization because it is so poorly run it's getting beyond a joke. I know I can get a job tomorrow with my old employer and be looked after better with a higher pay as well. And there are 100s of workers so no shortage of staff.
I will hold off till early next year and contact my old employer. I don't want to leave my clients but I do need to look after myself. :)

mcmich

« Reply #11929 on: December 15, 2013, 06:38:59 am »
At the end of the day dede, they get paid the big bucks to ensure that qualified staff are available. You are not responsible for taking on the shifts they cannot fill. Like Gert - I have been there and done that. I worked myself into the ground over feeling the guilt that clients would be left without care.

Work the shifts that you are assigned and the extras that are reasonable to you and your family - to all above and beyond that, put your big girl pants on and say a definite NO  :-*

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11930 on: December 15, 2013, 06:46:04 am »
It will be hard Mandi but it is time to think of yourself.

Robyn, I can't help but wonder, how can the kids have soap in the pool please? Won't it upset the chemical balance?

We went to a friends for Christmas morning tea. Great fun was had by all and we have come home laden with all sorts of Margaret River Chocolates.  :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11931 on: December 15, 2013, 09:25:13 am »
Cookie, yes, but we have a pool tech on staff.
They were slip and sliding, then just jumped in the pool.
The spa jets made it a bubble bath. ;D

It will filter out in a couple of days, no worries...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #11932 on: December 15, 2013, 09:36:50 am »
Oh poor you Mandi. Fingers crossed you get this weekend off xox

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11933 on: December 15, 2013, 10:48:02 am »
What a disappointing meal Gayle.I've had a few in my day too. :(

Big hugs Dede. :-* :-* I hope you get our job situation sorted so you can relax.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #11934 on: December 15, 2013, 11:02:02 am »
I hope you get the time off Dede.
I had a lovely family lunch today and caught up with cousins I haven't seen all year. We had lunch in the garden under an old, shady tree with perfect weather and yummy food and wine. I took this photo for Gert
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11935 on: December 15, 2013, 11:06:46 am »
Nothing but the best ES, one of your cousins has good taste by the looks of it.  Was this in your garden?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #11936 on: December 15, 2013, 11:13:53 am »
No Judy, but I wish it was  :)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11937 on: December 15, 2013, 11:21:41 am »
Thanks Robyn. I had nasty visions.

ES that looks so lovely. A great way to catch up. I do like what you were drinking.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #11938 on: December 15, 2013, 12:22:45 pm »
Oh thanks guys, I just have to learn to say NO, I'm unavailable.
I need to get back to the caravan. The chassis is all painted. Next is the floor and slowly put it all back together again. :)

Oh by the way I got my new car on Tuesday but had to take it back on Friday because of an issue with the Thermo fan :(. Hopefully get it back tomorrow or Tuesday.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11939 on: December 15, 2013, 07:00:52 pm »
Dede, was wondering how the new car was going, hopefully all the problems with it are sorted out for you and you have no more hassles.   :)

Hope things also settle with your job, look out for yourself and take a break.   :)

Appreciate the photo Emeraldsue, looks wonderful :D ;D  glad you had a lovely lunch