Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6093979 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11910 on: December 14, 2013, 06:59:39 am »
I'd have to agree with that too Suzanne. As soon as the real heat kicks in I am ready for Christmas. We had a pool in our other house but decided against it for this one. The block is smaller too and the house larger so we couldn't have everything.
I still don't like the heat though. :-\ :-\
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: December 14, 2013, 07:13:29 am »
I'm having a lazy day today still in my pj, did a bit of house work, finished the christmas cards, late again, haven't been outside its to hot, think it got to 40, we are going out for dinner with friends, so no cooking either.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: December 14, 2013, 08:04:23 am »
A perfect day Jeninwa.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #11913 on: December 14, 2013, 08:10:26 am »
Work today - had a breezy shift for a Saturday. Then shopping on the way home.
Had a phone call from DH in NZ - so a great day  ;D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: December 14, 2013, 08:19:17 am »
Today I am melting.  ???

We have spent from midday to 4pm in the pool, we actually ate some food in the pool, we have a seat that runs along one side of the pool, so we parked there for the afternoon. Back inside to organise dinner, than back to our seat :)

HHW
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: December 14, 2013, 08:04:05 pm »
well I had 4 kids yesterday, mucking around, then slip and slide, and then ended up in the pool, with some soap.

Then the spa went on, and our pool was a big bubble bath. ;D

cooking again today
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: December 15, 2013, 12:08:19 am »
Warning: Contains rant!

We went out for DD's birthday dinner last night to a newish tavern in an upmarket area. The company was fantastic of course but the food was disapointing to say the least.

DD and I had chicken schnitzels which arrived on a plate the size of a platter. More than half the plate was covered with cheapie frozen chips complete with offcut bits and pieces. The salad was in what looked like a coffee mug with no handle and made a salad from a well known fast food chain look gourmet. The chicken pieces threaded on a skewer were greasy and tasteless. It wasn't cheap either. The last chicken schnitzel I had was in a pub in country NSW a couple of months ago. It was about half the price was really good with a fantastic fresh salad.

Of the other meals, DS1's linguine was swimming in oil and DS2 did not even eat all his pizza (and that is a first). Only DH was content with his hunk of beef that sat on top of some spinach and mushrooms and smothered in a sauce that tasted vaguely salty.

The really sad part is that this place has received rave reviews for its food ??? Pfft wont ever eat there again >:(

Rant over. Feel a little better now ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:09:51 am by djinni373 »
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: December 15, 2013, 01:23:17 am »
Thats the problem with eating out, its expensive & very hit & miss :(
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: December 15, 2013, 01:35:27 am »
It does spoil a good night out Gayle, did you say anything when they collected your plates and asked if you enjoyed the meal?

Mind you, we were once asked that and Mum and I had left most of our meal untouched - did you enjoy your meal  ???  I said obviously not, we've left most of it on the plate.  I asked her to show the chef and she said he doesn't get to see leftovers, they just throw them in the bin.  I suggested that if he was shown the plates that went back hardly touched, maybe he would get the message his meals were not up to scratch. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: December 15, 2013, 01:38:50 am »
That is why we hardly ever go out for dinner. The places here are not that good.. :)

Today kids in the pool bubble bath again
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: December 15, 2013, 01:54:13 am »
Very disappointing Gayle. I would put a review on Trip Advisor and you really should mention the name on here. It might save someone a great deal of money. Eating out is so expensive and that is why I am picky and choosy.

When I am eating at a new restaurant I ask a lot of questions of the waitstaff and become an absolute pain in the ass but as I am paying I want to know what is fresh and what is frozen. So many kitchens are knifeless ktchens these days and everything if not frozen comes inhuge plastic bags. I subscribe to a few catering mags on line and believe me if you think your fresh curry is freshly made you had better check. One of the biggest sellers! When is the last time the chef made a sauce or hand cut chips!!

Yesterday we went to a new Italian restraurant about 3 minutes from my front door. Hooray! It is in a park by the Barron River and is is REAL ITALIAN with a huge wood fired oven. Absolutely authentic down to the lovely Prosecco . The pizza is sort of free hand shape and many traditional toppings . Not a pineapple did I see. No bottled  sauce but real fresh crushed tomatoes. I am in love. Nothing over $21. Everyone spoke Italian. My only minus was the menu was in Italian which I consider a wank in Far North Queensland . The pizza menu had an English translation but not the rest.

Alessandro's at Lake Placid.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #11921 on: December 15, 2013, 02:54:03 am »
That is sooo disappointing Gayle. Especially as it was a birthday dinner.  :(

Go online and post your review.

You're very lucky Gert to find a great restaurant so close to home.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:56:49 am by mcmich »

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11922 on: December 15, 2013, 03:43:56 am »
Gert I saw a few months ago they were renovating there. We used to love it there. Such a beautiful location. Maybe we will try it out on the holidays

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11923 on: December 15, 2013, 03:45:36 am »
I'm Napping with my kids. Not much cooking. I'm absolutely stuffed. Can't wait for holidays. Hoping this week is less stressed than the last. By Thursday I think I will be breathing a sigh of relief!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #11924 on: December 15, 2013, 03:58:24 am »
Work again today, that's 7 weekends in a row I have worked, I'm going to say NO for next weekend, I need a full weekend off. Surly they can allow that considering I have to work Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
I asked for a couple days off in Early January so I can take the family camping. But no they can't give that to me because there is no one else to do the shifts. I love my work but we all need a break at some stage.

Well that's my winge for the day lol. It's a beautiful day here today. I come home from work and cleaned the bird Aviary's and mowed the lawn.

Oh and last night two young men were killed just up the street, they were riding a motorbike with no helmet and no lights on and collided head on with a 4x4 :(
Very very sad for the family's. What a terrible tragic accident so close to Christmas.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.