Author Topic: Booked a demonstration!  (Read 42115 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Booked a demonstration!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 12:58:22 am »
Ha ha, Lynn will soon learn we hop skip and jump threads. Hijacking. Nah we wouldn't  do that. Would we?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 01:16:16 am »
Ha ha, Lynn will soon learn we hop skip and jump threads. Hijacking. Nah we wouldn't  do that. Would we?

Gert

Lol thats true Gert. And you're right about the hijacking too. We wouldn't dream of it. Ever :-)) ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 02:28:56 am »
Hey Lynn, this is why you will love it on here, we can offer advice, welcomes, recipes, and a bit of humor.....
 ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 02:38:57 am »
Funny, an american friend recently asked one of our real aussie friend what a dag was, after being called one, the aussie answered in her best aussie accent....'its a piece of s*** that hangs from a sheeps ar**
so that is now the way i like to tell 'foreigners' what a dag is!!

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 03:54:15 am »
Lynn you can see why, as one of the Moderators, we have trouble keeping this mob in line.  They hijack threads, go off topic in other threads and can be very naughty at times but we all have such a good time on here that we are prepared to give them a bit of slack.   ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:41 am »
No apologies needed! 

I love it and am thrilled to be a small part of such a great crowd.  It has been a wonderful welcome to the club. 

Thank you.

Lynn

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 12:53:58 pm »
Well I always thought a Dag was what hung from a sheeps bum (poo stuck to wool), that's what my dad had to crutch off the sheep lol :D

You are right there, and act of removing it is called 'dagging'.  DH used to do it  ;D

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2012, 01:03:30 pm »
Well I always thought a Dag was what hung from a sheeps bum (poo stuck to wool), that's what my dad had to crutch off the sheep lol :D

You are right there, and act of removing it is called 'dagging'.  DH used to do it  ;D

JB

So was DH called a de-dagger? ;D

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2012, 01:08:03 pm »
I am watching 'Saturday Kitchen', a UK cooking programme and what do I see behind the presenters . . . a Thermomix!  I have only ever seen a photo of one on the website before as they don't seem as popular here as they do in Australia.  That may be changing though.

Lynn

Welcome from Gloucestershire.  Yes, Satuday Kitchen has been displaying and using a Thermomix a few times just lately.  I don't know if you have been watching Great British Menu lately, but TMs were being used alomst every day by the chefs, although only for sauce type food.  They are certainly far more popular in Australia, Spain and Italy than here, but they are gradually coming into British kitchens.  I wouldn't be without mine.

JB

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 01:11:36 pm »
Lol Amy  ;D  He didn't do it for long, thankully, as it was just to help out a friend and he said 'never again' ...

JB

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 02:54:32 pm »
Hi JuliaBalbilla and Cornish Cream.

Good to see fellow Brits on the site.  Big waves to you from a Surrey village.

I have been reading threads about keeping food hot whilst preparing somethng else in the TMX and found these on Amazon UK.  I have just ordered them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004F87NDA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1MB9OVWF48TO4

I wonder if they are available in Australia?  It seems good value for three and they come highly recommended.

I hope I haven't broken any rules suggesting these?  I promise I don't work for either Amazon or the manufacturer/distributer of these pots!

Lynn

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2012, 03:20:41 pm »
Hi Lynn

I think in Australia they have things called Thermoservers (sold by Thermomix, I believe), but they are not availlable here.  The ones you have ordered seem fine, so thanks for pointing them out to us.  And no, you haven't broken any rules  ;D  I may get some myself as I have been using my Hostess trolley for keeping stuff warm, but it is costly on the electricity for small amounts of food.  Let us know how well they work - they seem to have had good reviews :)

JB

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2012, 04:00:20 pm »
I am so pleased I haven't broken any rules!  To be bounced off  the forum within a week would be shameful!  :o

I gathered that the Thermoservers were not available in the UK which is what sent me searching for something similar.  I think that this three will do me very well.  I like the flexibility aspect of the different sizes.

I will let you know how I get on with them but don't leave it too long to order as they only have four left - so they say!  Not sure I always believe the availability but not worth taking a chance.

Lynn

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2012, 04:27:55 pm »
Hi Lynn.The girls on here are always recommending good products in other postings have you found the Pie Maker topic yet ;) :D I gather IKEA sell an insulated bowl,I'm sure one of the girls bought one :-\
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 05:43:12 pm »
Oh no!  Is this another 'must have' kitchen gadget?

I must confess that I have never heard of a pie-maker.  Mind you, a month ago I had never heard of a Themomix!  What an education this forum is! 

Lynn wafts off to Google pie makers . . . I may be some time!