Author Topic: Booked a demonstration!  (Read 42175 times)

Offline LynnUK

• View Profile
Booked a demonstration!
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:12:29 am »
Greetings to all.

I am Lynn and live in the UK - but you have probably worked that one out already. ;D

I have a demonstration booked at the end of June and am seriously considering buying a Thermomix. 

I live alone and wonder whether it is more a machine for families and whether it is too much of an indulgence for a lone widow?  I work and don't have masses of time but thought a Thermomix would encourage me to cook more from scratch instead of eating prepared food heated in the microwave.

Any thoughts/advice would be welcomed.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Re: Booked a demonstration!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:46:15 am »
Go ahead and follow your prompting, LynnUK.  You will be delighted with a Thermomix.  Do it for you.  :)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:54:30 am »
The Thermomix will be perfect for you! You can whip up a yummy soup in half an hour and you'll certainly notice your food bill dropping.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 12:32:28 pm »
Are you kidding Lynn? You are gunna go nuts for this machine. Opens up a whole new world of interest for you. No more lone widow for you but a  very desirable friend when you start cooking  and have to pass on all your excess and experiments with friends and neighbours.

Oh wait maybe that is why all my friends and neighbours have now moved away.

Just buy it and enjoy.

Gertbysea
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 12:41:38 pm »

LOL you're such a dag Gert :D

Lynn, I would highly recommend you buy yourself a TM. You'll have a lot of fun in the kitchen with this machine and all the things it can do, and I'm sure you deserve to indulge in something expensive and have some fun ;D ;D
It will also save you money in the long run and boost your health and nutrition too ;)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:32 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum Lynn from a fellow UK member.Totally agree with Gert you will love what the TM is capable of doing.Sit back enjoy the demo and eat delicious food ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 12:45:46 pm »

Lynn, I would highly recommend you buy yourself a TM. You'll have a lot of fun in the kitchen with this machine and all the things it can do, and I'm sure you deserve to indulge in something expensive and have some fun ;D ;D
It will also save you money in the long run and boost your health and nutrition too ;)

Who,you calling a dag Amy? Are you a KIWI!!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 12:56:42 pm »

Who,you calling a dag Amy? Are you a KIWI!!

Gert

LOL nope, I'm a purebred Aussie Gert ;) And you better watch out, I think I may have just let the "d" word slip on another thread too... ;D ;D

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 01:02:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum Lynn.

Just like everyone tells you here, you will love the Thermomix because you will be able to prepare quick nutritious meals in no time at all. And of course you will be experimenting with so many wonderful recipes from this forum. Believe me your life will change for the better :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 01:36:48 pm »
Hi Lynn, welcome to the forum. You will not regret buying a TMX for many reasons, some of which have already been given.  It may sound silly but living alone can be lonely and there is no better companion than this wonderful machine.  You will wipe it down lovingly, even talk to it as you read the instructions out loud, you will use it everyday and never tire of seeing it sitting on your bench.  I cook for 2 but I know I would use it even if there was just me in the house and if you are like everyone else, you will have visitors from time to time which will give the machine a full work out.  I say go ahead and indulge yourself - it will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 10:51:45 pm »
Hi Lynn, welcome to the forum. You will not regret buying a TMX for many reasons, some of which have already been given.  It may sound silly but living alone can be lonely and there is no better companion than this wonderful machine.  You will wipe it down lovingly, even talk to it as you read the instructions out loud, you will use it everyday and never tire of seeing it sitting on your bench.  I cook for 2 but I know I would use it even if there was just me in the house and if you are like everyone else, you will have visitors from time to time which will give the machine a full work out.  I say go ahead and indulge yourself - it will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Well said JD and it doesn't talk back and is always agreeable..

Gert

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 11:11:44 pm »
Hello Lyn and welcome to the forum.  Go ahead, take the plunge you will not regret it.   :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 11:38:51 pm »
Welcome to the forum Lynn, I agree with every one else, take the plunge and you won't regret it :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 12:17:00 am »
Hi Lym and welcome to the forum. I agree with everyone's comments above, indulge yourself and you will not regret it. I Spent many months and some sleepless nights thinking should I or shouldn't I. I have and love it? I just wish I had more time to use it more than I currently am.

Get ready to be amazed by the endless possibilities presented by the TMX.  :)
From Perth WA

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 01:32:58 am »
Lynn I have had my TMX a couple weeks now, I love it and think it would be excellent to cook for one in. I am the only person that eats soup in my house and Ive still been cooking it anyway! Usually get almost a weeks worth of healthy lunches out of it!

After a tumultuous couple of years TMX has given me a new hobby and focus, for which I am very grateful!