Author Topic: Disgusted with a salesperson  (Read 6953 times)

stacelee

Disgusted with a salesperson
« on: May 19, 2012, 05:23:46 am »
I just need to vent for a moment.  This morning I went into a homewares shop that I go into at least once a week.  There was a salesman in there who I have never seen before showing a group of three women the thermochef.  It was sitting laid out on a table but was not actually in use.  The salesman was explaining that all the parts could go in the dishwasher and that the motor was the same as the thermomix.  He was stating that he had had a thermomix for years and was giving the impression that the thermochef was identical.  Now either he does not know his product or he was blatantly lying.  I have both the machines, and while the thermochef is adequate, it definately does NOT have a motor as good as the thermomix...and the jug is NOT able to go through the dishwasher (stated in their instruction manual....it can't even be submerged).

I was so annoyed with him that I wanted to front him about it....but didn't because I do frequent the shop and my husband was only a couple of shops down waiting for me.  I HATE when people don't know their product or are liars.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
Re: Disgusted with a salesperson
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:12:14 am »
I have to agree with you.
I hate seeing things over or under sold.
My husband and I were watching a very inadequate salesperson discussing a food dehydrator recently.  Had no idea of what could be done and was not able to answer any of the q's put to him.
I think they were about to lose the sale and the customer was obviously being put off the whole idea.
We interupted and with a bit of real knowledge. (we have worn out one and using a second) the buyer purchased the item.
The manager actually thanked us for being in the right place at the right time.

But further to that.  Microsoft need to be warned about the con artists currently phoning and posing as Microsoft experts wanting to fix computers..  My husband answered one of the nuisence calls this week and when he challenged the caller about his identity was called a "mother f.....r"    Now that is just not nice.  And even tho we know it was not a Microsoft technician calling, other people may not.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:26:00 am »
I say put it in writing to the store manager and to ThermoChef as well. They would not like false advertising .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:49:08 am »
Hi RosieB,

I agree with Gert put it in writing and the message to the management might get through to train their staff properly.

Regarding the Microsoft people who want to "fix" your computer on the phone, get rid of them quickly by saying, I don't have a computer. It works. :)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 09:01:20 am »
Hi RosieB,

I agree with Gert put it in writing and the message to the management might get through to train their staff properly.

Regarding the Microsoft people who want to "fix" your computer on the phone, get rid of them quickly by saying, I don't have a computer. It works. :)

When those people phone I sound all concerned and say just a minute while turn the computer on, then I stick it  on the desk, shut the office door and walk away.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 09:09:33 am »
They' ll be waiting for a while Gert......I'm sure they won't bother you again.

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 10:30:09 am »
When those people phone I sound all concerned and say just a minute while turn the computer on, then I stick it  on the desk, shut the office door and walk away.

Gert
Sounds like a Gert moment.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 10:42:10 am »
I had a lady with a very distinctive accent ring me a while back wanting to sell something, I said I wasn't interested and said good bye, a couple hours later she rang back again and tried again. I said no and hung up. Then would you believe it she rang again the same day and before she could say more than good afternoon I said 'OMG not you again, for god sake stop ringing me, and make sure no one else from your organization ever rings here either'. And hung up. I was so mad at the pushiness.
Some people just don't have any idea how to deal with potential customers which makes me mad.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 12:10:41 pm »
The women who were looking at that thermochef would not want to spend that amount of money, to take it home and discover that it was not dishwasher safe, and that the motor wasn't as good as the sales person described. Although its not as much money as the TMX, it is still a very decent amount of money to be parting with, with false information.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 01:45:31 pm »
when l answer the phone and theres a pause
l say hello ,hello , hello  and pretend l cant hear them l sound annoyed
 so after about few seconds they hang up 

South West WA AUSTRALIA

mcmich

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 10:56:26 pm »
I'm on a register so don't get any calls from those soliciting but it doesn't stop the ones from the bank etc asking if you received the information they sent on life insurance etc.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 11:56:12 pm »
I'm on a register so don't get any calls from those soliciting but it doesn't stop the ones from the bank etc asking if you received the information they sent on life insurance etc.

He register only applies to calls from within Australia which is a damn shame.

Gert

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 01:22:49 am »
The register doesn't apply to business numbers either. They really annoy me. Whilst they are wasting my time, I could be answering a real customers call.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 07:36:12 am »
My phone numbers and mobiles are on do not call register.... :-))

I also pay $2 per month to telstra to block all international calls,  works like a dream.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url