Author Topic: Tomatillo avocado salsa  (Read 14326 times)

Offline agpest

• View Profile
Tomatillo avocado salsa
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:05:57 am »
I hope I have done this properly.

Francisco's Tomatillo Avacado Salsa made in a Thermomix
Intro:

Francisco works with my daughter and brought this salsa to a pot luck lunch at work all the women wanted the recipe. He does not use a recipe so they had him write it down. And as he said the amounts don't have to be exact. His amount of cilantro was a large handful, my handful weighed 20g. His directions said to reserve a small amount of water, I measured the amount I kept. Mine was thicker than his but my daughter liked it better thicker so you can adjust it to your taste.

INGREDIENTS:

- 200 grams Tomatillos, (4 to 6 whole)*
- 2 jalepeno or serano peppers, *
- 200 grams onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 avocado, (Haas type not Florida)*
- 20 grams cilantro leaves (fresh coriander)

METHOD:

Put the tomatillos, peppers  and onion in simmering basket in the Jug fill with water to the 1.5 liter mark. Set timer for 16 to 18 minutes on varoma temperature and soft speed.( I had MC in lid). When done remove basket and set on bowl  or measuring cup to catch drippings from basket, allow vegetables to cool enough to handle. Pour out all but 2 Tablespoons or 30ml water in jug. Remove cores from tomatillos with small knife. Do this over basket to catch drippings. (the insides of the cooked tomatillos are on the slimy side) When the temerature of the jug gets down to 37°dump all the vegetables back into the Jug. Add cilantro and avocado and salt.Set timer for 20 seconds at speed 8

NOTES:

Remove the papery skin from the tomatillos and wash but do not core until cooked.

I just remove the stem from the peppers but you can take out the seeds if you don't want it hot serano peppers are hotter than jalepenos but in general the smaller the pepper the hotter it will be, A large jalepeno will be milder than a small jalepeno. So if you want flavor with out much heat buy a large jalepeno and remove the seeds.

Remove peel and stone & quarter the avocado.

SERVINGS: 8

SOURCE: Francisco

From the desert,
Gayle

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Tomatillo avocado salsa
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:36:00 am »
Thanks, like recipes that don't have to be exact.  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.