Author Topic: Tomato Soup  (Read 24638 times)

Offline Aussie

• View Profile
Tomato Soup
« on: July 25, 2008, 05:43:27 pm »
Name of Recipe: Tomato Soup
Number of People: 4-6
Ingredients:

1 kg of juicy tomatoes
200 g of Onions
1 Garlic clove
150 g of chopped potatoes
50 g Olive Oil
1 Chopped Carrot
1 Celery Stick
Salt and Pepper

Preparation:

Place all the ingredients (chopped) into the bowl and cook for 20-30 minutes on speed 2, temperature 80ºC  and after, give a quick boost for 10 seconds on speeds 5-7-9.  

Hints/Tips:

:-* :-X ;D Add a bit of thick cream if you are not on a diet. Nice cold

Members' comments a well liked recipe
ahoney - Made this tonight, sauteed onion and garlic first, 100 degrees/4 min with some oil and then blitzed everything. Added a bit of stock, cooked for 40 min, absolutely divine! My children loved it too!

Lellyj - Made this today and thought it was delicious.  I cooked the garlic and onions first as suggested in a previous reply.  Served with a dollop of TMX made pesto.  Healthy and tasty!  Thank you!

Coops - Another one here who enjoyed this recipe. Like others suggested I also sauteed onion and garlic first and added some stock, yummo and super tomatoey.

Quasar4legs - Made this for lunch today and added half teasp of smoked paprika and 1 teasp of ground cumin for an extra bit of zing.
Very yummy thanks for the recipe.

astarra - I just made this soup to try to use up some of my excess of tomatoes, I added stock and sauteed the onion and garlic (powder -I had no proper garlic) first as suggested. I also had no celery so added a small zucchini (again from my summer garden excess stock!!) and went with that. I used this recipe as I found the EDC one too bland, but this one was a bit boring for my tastes too (but accept responsibility as I did not follow the recipe.) So I added black pepper, smoked paprika (as op suggested) and pizza topper, and guess what - I LOVED IT!!

Bubbles - I made this soup after my neighbour had given me a kg of tomatoes from her veggie patch. It was my first attempt at a soup in the TMX and it was delicious!!! Thank you thank you!!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:25:07 pm by judydawn »

Offline ahoney

• View Profile
Re: Tomato Soup
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:12:17 am »
Made this tonight, sauted onion and garlic 1st 100 degrees 4 min with some oil and then blitzed everything added a bit of stock cooked for 40 min, absolutely divine! My children loved it too!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:56:38 am »
Nice to see an early recipe finally tried ahoney - good on you.  They can get lost with so many recipe postings these days.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:17:56 am »
Aussie,  good simple healthy recipe.

Offline ahoney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:57:56 am »
I had a lot of tomatoes to use up and didn't have the ingredients for the edc one and this look easy and had everything on hand and it was easy!

Offline GoneCrazY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 02:30:47 am »
i will be passing this on to one of my friends who was looking for a tomato soup recipe :)
I HAVE SOMETHING BAKING ...........................BUT IT WONT BE READY TILL FEB 2012 ;)

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 03:23:35 pm »
Made this today and thought it was delicious.  I cooked the garlic and onions first as suggested in a previous reply.  Served with a dollop of TMX made pesto.  Healthy and tasty!  Thank you!
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline Coops

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 04:55:01 am »
Another one here who enjoyed this recipe. Like others suggested I also sauteed onion and garlic first and added some stock, yummo and super tomatoey.

Offline Quasar4legs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 02:15:44 am »
Made this for lunch today and added half teasp of smoked paprika and 1 teasp of ground cumin for an extra bit of zing.

Very yummy thanks for the recipe.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 01:53:07 am »
I just made this soup to try to use up some of my excess of tomatoes, I added stock and sauted the onion and garlic (powder -I had no proper garlic) first as suggested. I also had no celery so added a small zucchini (again from my summer garden excess stock!!) and went with that. I used this recipe as I found the EDC one too bland, but this one was a bit boring for my tastes too (but accept responsibility as I did not follow the recipe.) So I added black pepper, smoked paprika (as op suggested) and pizza topper, and guess what - I LOVED IT!! Am waiting for DD (5.5yrs) to get home from school to try it and add anything if she feels it is needed as she asked on the way to drop her off this morning if I could make her some tomato soup to take to school in her Thermos for lunches...!
:D

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 12:48:57 am »
I made this soup during the week, after my neighbour had given me a kg of tomatoes from her veggie patch. It was my first attempt at a soup in the TMX and it was delicious!!! Thank you thank you!!