Author Topic: Hi from the US of A  (Read 9814 times)

Offline AuntAnnie

• View Profile
    • Aunt Annie$s Attic
Hi from the US of A
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:46:15 pm »
Hi All!
My hubby managed to get me a Thermomix from Canada since they do not sell them in the US. I have had it for a little over a week. He got it for me for my birthday. At first I was a little skeptical that I would like it, but I must say that I am very happy with this machine! It is amazing.

Of course, as part of the recovery plan and the move toward so much "change" in the US, I think Pres. Obama should get one for every household here so that we will all convert to the metric system. :D

I did not get the same cookbooks that I see a lot of you referring to, but my husband also got me the gluten free cookbook from Australia as I have celiac disease.

It is just the two of us (plus our loveable Westie), but we already use the Thermomix several times a day. He has started drinking smoothies almost daily. My friends are pretty sick of hearing "guess what I made yesterday?".

The forum is great and I am happy to be here!
Aunt Annie

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: Hi from the US of A
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:00:33 am »
Welcome AuntAnnie!  Glad to see a few more of you popping up in the USA  ;)
You will find this forum really useful and helpful as you embark on your Thermomix adventure! Dont be shy to post your own recipes too when you start coverting  :)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 12:32:02 am »
Welcome AuntAnnie!  I'm sure you will find this site very useful!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:35:40 am »
Welcome AuntAnnie - great to have you on board.

It is easy to get excited about the machine and difficult to get others enthused until they see what it does.

Shame that it appears they are not being sold in the US - I thought that there was an agent there??
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:41:35 am »
Well you will get plenty of help and advice here from the experts! Just post a query or request and you will see. Great site, a bit addictive, and great new friends, from all over, fantastic thing Internet. I always think.... thankgod for my Thermomix, and also......thankgod for the forum! Where would be without them both? ??? ??? ??? I get a bit panicky if I am at home and all of a sudden it crashes, I guess I should save them on my drive, but I always forget! :-[ :-[ :-[
Welcome annie, hope you have as much fun and enjoyment as I do!  
Amanda

Spain

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 12:58:33 am »
Hi and welcome! It's good to see more of you popping up from the US.

I like your Obama strategy. Sounds good to me!

I can't wait for the warmer weather here so I can start making sorbets and smoothies and things :) I'm getting pretty good at soups and stews though!
Row

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 02:16:36 am »
Welcome AuntAnnie to Thermoland - you will love it here ;) ;)  I also bore my friends with what I have been cooking - are they too polite to tell me they aren't interested ??? ??? When something takes over your life, there is very little else to talk about.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 02:27:54 am »
welcome aunt annie!!!  what a wonderful DH you have!!

if you'd like to see some of my gluten free recipes they are on my blog, link in my sig :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 03:17:54 am »
Hi AuntAnnie, nice to meet you :)

What part of the States are you from?  I'm a few miles North West of Philadelphia. 

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 03:21:01 am »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 02:37:29 pm »
Yeah, I saw that :)  I told my wife last night that we'll soon be able to schedule a "TMG"  or ThermoMix Gathering.  We could set tables up in the yard and run extension cords to each of them....  She proceeded to throw me out of the bed <BG>

Just watch out....  we're only planting seeds now.  Some day we shall conquer. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 02:59:09 pm »
Yeah, I saw that :)  I told my wife last night that we'll soon be able to schedule a "TMG"  or ThermoMix Gathering.  We could set tables up in the yard and run extension cords to each of them....  She proceeded to throw me out of the bed <BG>

Just watch out....  we're only planting seeds now.  Some day we shall conquer. 
If it ever takes off in the States, I'm sure you will do just that one day - you do have a few more people than us over there.  Did you happen to get a photo of DW throwing you out of bed Unconundrum - now that I would like to have seen ;D ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline AuntAnnie

• View Profile
    • Aunt Annie$s Attic
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 04:04:27 am »
Wow! I see a lot of you are pretty active here. First, Unconundrum (hope I spelled that right)-- I live in Plymouth Meeting... not sure exactly where you are, but it sounds like we are close. We can use my yard for the TMG...

A few people asked about the dealership in USA. There was one until 2004. THen none. There is one place in Florida that does authorized repairs. I think it's because a) it only comes in 1 color, b) people in USA don't like metrics, or c) people here only eat burgers and fries?? Just kidding about all the above, but hubby and I have been discussing the reasons every since our little guy arrived.

Brazen20au-- I actually already bookmarked your site! And, added you to my network in De.li.cious. (You are the only person in my network LOL). Yes, my program does do menus and shopping lists. It also calculates Ayurvedic values and a few other weird things, but not calories. I just put in a few recipes for Thermomix this week and am cleaning them up (adding all the keys and such). As soon as I finish and upload it, I will email you with a link to my website. It has a ton of GF stuff, too, but not adapted to TMX yet. I have to fit the programming in between the cooking with my Thermomix now.

Thanks for the great welcome, everyone! I think I am going to really love this site.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:09:59 am by AuntAnnie »
Aunt Annie

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 06:36:09 am »
can't wait to see your link!

what's a network on delicious? i am only new to delicious (forced into it after i lost all my bookmarks moving computers lol) so don't really know what i'm doing on it!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 03:55:18 am »
You're about 45 minutes away.  2 exits up the Northeast Extension, then a bit North West to the booming megalopolis of Bally, PA :)  Big fans of Blue Fin, down in your area, but I don't get down there often enough ;)