Author Topic: Winter Banana "Smoothie"  (Read 28127 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Winter Banana "Smoothie"
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 12:54:48 am »
We are smoothie mad here, never thought of warm ones, great afternoon tea pick me up after being out in the cold!  I save any uneaten porridge for cold smoothies.

Our current fave is choc mint, not sure if it would work warm, hmmm.

Unfortunately I am the only smoothie-mad person in this family :-)) It does mean I get all the smoothie to myself though :D
A good idea to use uneaten porridge Lisel, but porridge never goes uneaten here ;) Maybe I should make a batch of porridge just to try it :)

I think choc mint would be delicious in a warm smoothie. I think we should come up with a range of dessert smoothies! ;D

Offline Lisel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 01:46:47 pm »

I think choc mint would be delicious in a warm smoothie. I think we should come up with a range of dessert smoothies! ;D

I use fresh mint and lots of ice as well as spinach/kale/silverbeet (as well as cacao powder, milk, oats, dates/agave syrup) so it is very 'fresh' tasting, can't get my brain around it warm, but I am going to give it a go anyway!

Desert smoothies sound great, my brain though can't get past the idea of bailys/Kaluha/that choc liquour stuff, I've been breast feeding too long, I need a cocktail night!
Vegetarian mum to carnivores DH, DD and twin DS's.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:57 am »

I use fresh mint and lots of ice as well as spinach/kale/silverbeet (as well as cacao powder, milk, oats, dates/agave syrup) so it is very 'fresh' tasting, can't get my brain around it warm, but I am going to give it a go anyway!

Desert smoothies sound great, my brain though can't get past the idea of bailys/Kaluha/that choc liquour stuff, I've been breast feeding too long, I need a cocktail night!

Good luck with the warm choc mint smoothie Lisel! We actually have a chocolate mint herb, so maybe I should try your smoothie using that! If you haven't seen a chocolate mint herb, you can read a liitle bit about them here: http://bonnieplants.com/products/chocolate-mint

I'm not into the alcohol idea either Lisel. I was thinking along the lines of cheesecake smoothies, sticky date pudding smoothies, trifle smoothies, cake smoothies.... maybe I'm just getting too ambitious with my smoothie ideas though :-))

Offline Lisel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 08:01:18 am »
Love, love the cheesecake smoothie idea.  Never heard of chocolate mint herb, off to learn something new  :)
Vegetarian mum to carnivores DH, DD and twin DS's.

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 11:23:48 am »
Thanks for this yummy recipe Amy!!! I'm not a real smoothie person, let alone a warm one (or so I thought) but my sister visited yesterday from interstate for the first time since I got my TMX and I got her to choose the first recipe for me to cook off the forum and she chose this one .. and we both LOVED it! In fact I think I might make one now, as a before bed treat! yum yum!!
Do you think honey would go well in it? (That was my sister's suggestion)

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 11:31:28 am »
Oh thanks Bubbles! What great feedback :D :D :D

I'm sure honey would be lovely in it! Let me know how it goes! :D

I'm honoured that your sister choose this recipe :-*

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 11:43:32 am »
Amy (love your name! Same as my daughter), this is on my list to try. Have never tired a warm smoothie, but great feedback. ;D

Lislel, I have plenty of mi t growing, so will try your green smoothie as well.

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 11:55:22 am »
Just made this again, but with my pregnancy brain forgot to add the honey :-)) so just drizzled it in the glass at the end, and shared with my DH-thumbs up again! The honey was a nice addition too I think, thanks again Amy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 12:06:51 pm »
Amy (love your name! Same as my daughter), this is on my list to try. Have never tired a warm smoothie, but great feedback. ;D

Thanks Elle, I like your taste in names! :D I think you'll be surprised at how yummy this is. I've told a few people that I drink warm smoothies and they give me funny looks, but these smoothies are so good I haven't had a cold one since I came up with this ;D

Just made this again, but with my pregnancy brain forgot to add the honey :-)) so just drizzled it in the glass at the end, and shared with my DH-thumbs up again! The honey was a nice addition too I think, thanks again Amy :)

LOL thats okay Bubbles, I'm sure the honey looked very nice drizzled around the glass ;D Really glad you and DH enjoyed it :-*

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 09:12:52 am »
Just bumping this for everyone living in a cold climate.
This is the first time I have made this.Its lovely and very comforting as I have a head cold.
I didn't have vanilla yoghurt so added a teaspoon of vanilla extract.Filled two mugs.
Works perfectly in the TM5.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 11:50:49 am »
I've been making this quite frequently and have now found that I prefer half milk half water rather than 250g of milk.It gives a more liquid smoothie which is easier to drink. ;D
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 09:39:45 am »
I made this again this morning for breakfast.It's very forgiving recipe,adding and subtracting what ingredients you have on hand.