Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6112459 times)

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7335 on: March 07, 2013, 08:43:56 am »
That's very sad Cookie and you have every reason to feel upset.  Teachers nurture these kids and you feel a responsibility to look after them I suppose.

Take care
I do the best I can

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: March 07, 2013, 10:01:45 am »
I just had a thought. As you love cooking so much would it be possible for you to find a position in a commercial kitchen somewhere down there? Maybe a restaurant or motel dining room, hospital etc. maybe it would lead to an apprenticeship for you. I am just thinking out loud, well writing it down actually.

Its a good thought Cookie, and I have tossed it around a few times. I think I'm too much of a "home cook" though. But you never know... I might change my mind in the future ;) I am looking for a hospitality job so I might be able to get a feel for a commercial kitchen if I land a job in a restaurant or motel :)

it's a reading program for kids our school is involved in and I  just wanted to get Lily acquainted with it before they start after easter

Good idea Suzanne :) My favourite part of school was reading and I when I did primary school work placements I loved helping the kids read :D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7337 on: March 07, 2013, 10:14:05 am »
I love reading and luckily so do the boys Lily loves listening to us read to her so a bonus dd20 not so much 3 out 4 ain't bad DS11 was reading by the age of 4 self taught he watched all tv with subtitles and I think that was the key.
 a funny story he was sitting next to my dad when he was 4 looking at the tv guide and he said to him hey grandad Australian Story is on Tuesday night if you want to watch it we all sat there gob smacked ;D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: March 07, 2013, 10:21:39 am »
That's gorgeous Suzanne  :D  A very clever little boy.
3 out of my 4 are readers too but DD1 not so much although getting a bit more into books now at 35  ;D

*suzanne*

« Reply #7339 on: March 07, 2013, 10:25:19 am »
yes he is but it seems not a lot of common sense;D
I'm hoping abby will one day enjoy it too dh doesn't read either there loss I say ;D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: March 07, 2013, 10:35:26 am »
My DH didn't read at all but in the last 5-10 years he is reading a bit although not as much as me but he seems to be enjoying it and mostly reads non fiction. Abby will sometime in the future. My DD was too busy with other things to read when she was younger but reads when she has time now. I feel lost without a book on my bedside table and like you I think it's their loss when they don't read.
You can't force them unfortunately

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #7341 on: March 07, 2013, 11:57:10 am »
My 2 yo daughter is a good sleeper and usually all I have to do is tuck her in, kiss her good night and walk out. Tonight she was extra fussy and cried a lot. After one hour of going in and out of her room, I gave in and decided to lie down next to her and hold her hand. She fell asleep with the biggest smile on her face :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: March 07, 2013, 12:19:26 pm »
That's nice dhitri - tonight she just needed her Mummy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: March 07, 2013, 12:22:14 pm »
We having been packing our van ready for a trip over the nullabor, Thelma is packed safely in her new blue bag, and I have packed lots of craft, mainly stampin up as I just became a demonstrator, I have a vision of travelling sharing my thermy and stampin up, reality will be a bit different I feel, hope to share a few photos as we go 🙋🙋🙋
Wow Rainbow what a winning combination Thermomix and Stampin up!!

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: March 07, 2013, 12:23:38 pm »
Happy ...as I won first place in a speech competition so now progress to the next level.  Been a busy few weeks so not been on here much, hope to catch up on all news!

*suzanne*

« Reply #7345 on: March 07, 2013, 12:27:55 pm »
congratulations ghm, great job xxx

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: March 07, 2013, 02:29:34 pm »
Happy ...as I won first place in a speech competition so now progress to the next level.  Been a busy few weeks so not been on here much, hope to catch up on all news!
Congratulations GHM on your win :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: March 07, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »
Congrats ghm
Sorry to hear about the young man cookie.. Very sad :(
Sorry about your colleague ab :(

This morning im off to the hairdresser after dropping ds off to school!!

Both my kids love reading eggs :)
Yesterday was school photos for ds..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

mcmich

« Reply #7348 on: March 07, 2013, 08:15:07 pm »
Congratulations on your win GHM. I get very nervous if I have to do public speaking - can't imagine doing it for fun.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: March 07, 2013, 10:24:31 pm »
Congratulations GHM, sounds like all the work is paying off.