Author Topic: Failsafe menu planning  (Read 15828 times)

Offline pippa

• View Profile
Re: Failsafe menu planning
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 12:16:21 am »
My sister has started on the failsafe diet, trying to find out what's making her sick... so I think I'll have to start thinking of some failsafe recipes for my blog!!

Hi Jo - would love to hear how you mix your whole foods approach with failsafe.  The biggest difficulty I find is with such a limited list of foods in the low range, sugar is the one that seems to be used in excess.  How will you get around that?

BTW - I have posted a few on Recipe Community as well

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:19:06 am by pippa »

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 12:18:25 am »
My biggest problem is trying to keep a good list of options.  I an never think of something to cook off the top of my head.  Maybe it us just my organisational problem rather than lack of TM recipes out there

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 02:10:14 am »
Pippa, you might need to start your own failsafe cook book (as in create one for your family - not trying to put a whole heap of pressure on you here lol). I assume that you would stock most of the ingredients since it is a limited diet? Thought if you created a book(let) type thing it would at least give you something to flick through for some inspiration when it was time to cook or even menu plan.

I take my hat of to you families that are fail safe. I know that I really should do it, but we have managed to get things pretty under control now. (that is me in denial that failsafe would help more BTW!!!)  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 04:50:26 am »
Oh Pippa, it is difficult to keep the collection going.

I too am trying to incorporate whole foods such as Jo's recipes, but as you said, the less processed, the higher the natural chemical, so it's quite the juggling act  :( I was going to start incorporating some rapadura into a treats and see how that goes.

I have been loving the link in the second post on here, she is a member here, and is updating lots! It really gets my bum into gear for something new.

But you Pippa are an inspiration on your own ;)

I'm writting up a menu list as we speak, as I've been in hospital a couple of time this pregnancy, and really need a go to spot for if I'm out of action for a while. Should post it hey?

Offline Molly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 12:50:20 am »
Pippa,  I agree it's so hard.  And it's hard when the meals you have to present are simply not as exciting or tasty as the ones you probably used to serve up.  I know my kids would climb over mountains to have a spag bol.  Hey... as soon as I can get my failsafer to someone else's place for dinner,  I am SO making a lasagne.  :)  (I just need another failsafe family in my life to have her over.)

Anyway... this is why I started my blog.  (That was my one mentioned earlier) I was keeping notes in a little note book,  but where's the fun in that???  No fun at all.  So I started the blog...  and after a slow start,  am getting better at it.  I often refer to it as it really is our family cookbook now (as faffa_70 mentioned).  I'm sure my DH thinks I'm facebooking in the kitchen when I'm there with the laptop open all the time.  ha ha ha. 

So,  how about you start your own blog?  It might help?? It's actually quite easy to do.   I wish I got more feedback on my recipes *hint hint* as I'd love to know how others change them and make them better or just different.  But, just by having a blog, suddenly I'm exposed to other blogs out there doing the same or similar things.  It makes sharing recipes very easy and, like on here, you know someone has done it and it has worked. 

If you don't want to blog,  how about just going out and buying yourself a groovy note book to sit by the stove and take notes as you try things out. 

And making time to menu plan would be really helpful....  says me who hasn't found the time to menu plan since my last baby was born 17 months ago!!!  :-[   It's something I did religiously for about 6-7 years,  fortnightly menus.  It was my saviour.  Because the one thing I DESPISE each day is "What's for dinner?"  hate it hate it hate it.  SO, now when I don't know what to make, I read the recipe index of my family cookbook (ie the blog) and can make a decision.

Enough rambling from me.  :)   Feel free to PM me if you want to chat Failsafe recipes and ideas.  Also,  there's a Failsafe Eating Support Group on facebook.  They're great for throwing ideas around as well.

Mother of DD 10,  DD7,  DS3,  DS9m.
FAILSAFE diet for low salicylates, amines and glutamates and baaaad food additives.
My FAILSAFE recipe blog:  http://realfailsafemeals.blogspot.com/

Offline Lexi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 02:03:11 am »
Molly I've just joined your followers :) I need more inspiration lol
Mum to 2 preschoolers and a mobile baby, SA

Offline Molly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 02:31:51 am »
Molly I've just joined your followers :) I need more inspiration lol

I need it, too!!!!!   ;D   Don't forget to share. 
FAILSAFE diet for low salicylates, amines and glutamates and baaaad food additives.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 12:01:32 pm »
Sorry Pippa, haven't been on here for a while and didn't see your question... I'm afraid LeeJ and Molly are right - it's hard to do wholefood and failsafe... which is why I STILL haven't got any failsafe recipes on my blog - lol!! The sugar thing frustrates me, and not being able to use the fruits I want to use sometimes. I need to look into it more. I just bought the RPAH Elimination Diet Handbook so I could get some ideas and help my sister out a bit more, although she's doing pretty well now since I put her onto you guys' blogs!!  ;D She's been telling me about recipes she's made from failsafe tmx blogs, and is really happy with them, so thanks Molly and others! I can't seem to hardly find time to blog these days, let alone experiment... sigh.
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 12:46:07 pm »
Jo, that hand book is the single best thing to help you understand failsafe  :)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 12:52:23 pm »
Yes, it looks great! I've had the 'Friendly Foods' recipe book for years, and used to use it a fair bit when I was new to being dairy free (as it has quite a few dairy free recipes in it) - my sister has the newest version and it looks heaps better!

Offline Molly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 02:34:38 am »
Jo,  when I look at the stats on my blog,  nearly all my traffic is coming form your site!!  Thanks. ( I think the vanilla slice must be getting lots over too.)  :)

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 04:30:12 am »
I'm tash by the way Molly ;)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 10:27:13 pm »
Glad to hear I've helped with your traffic, Molly!  :)

Offline Molly

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 12:45:11 am »
I'm tash by the way Molly ;)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh    ;)