Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131614 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #9675 on: July 08, 2013, 04:21:14 am »
3.2 would feel positively balmy. It was -3 in Narrogin this morning abd hasn't been over 13 since Thursday.  :P

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: July 08, 2013, 04:32:57 am »
It was a very chilly 1.5 in Perth this morning, that was cold enough for me Den,  early Drs appointment, now have to have a guided injection under ultra sound in my right shoulder on Friday not looking forwards to that. No swimming for another week or so.
About to meet a friend for lunch love school holidays.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: July 08, 2013, 08:15:33 am »
Enjoy your lunch Jeninwa. Hopefully the injection will improve your shoulder.

I did some ironing and housework this morning.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #9678 on: July 08, 2013, 08:23:07 am »
Spent some time with mum and took her some dinner.

Picked up the wallaby poop off the front lawn  :-\  There seems to be more and more of them coming each day. 

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: July 08, 2013, 09:17:21 am »
Picked up the wallaby poop off the front lawn  :-\  There seems to be more and more of them coming each day. 
We had to put an extra screen door on the front mcmich to stop the wallabies pooping at the front door, they use to come up the ramp to poo on the mat at the door.  :D ;D

Marie

mcmich

« Reply #9680 on: July 08, 2013, 09:22:12 am »
We had to put an extra screen door on the front mcmich to stop the wallabies pooping at the front door, they use to come up the ramp to poo on the mat at the door.  :D ;D

Marie

Well I shouldn't complain then. They haven't come onto the front verandah as yet. It's nice to see them and they are fairly friendly. Just poop a lot.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: July 08, 2013, 09:24:07 am »
Spending time with your Mum sounds nice Mich.  Not sure I'd like to be picking up wallaby poop though!

Well I had a crappy day. First thing this morning the receptionist I hired about a month ago sent me a text message saying she didn't think the job was right for her and that she wouldn't be coming back to work (and that she was sorry to have wasted our time). Seriously when did it become ok to resign a job via text message?? God I don't understand kids of today.

Busy with end of financial year and a massive project to replace the majority of the computers and IT in our two offices, as well as changing our practice management software systems, so finding a new receptionist and training them is just what I don't need. Wish I could retire!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: July 08, 2013, 09:27:13 am »
These things are sent to test you Katie, hang in there, keep smiling.  I would be peed off too though  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: July 08, 2013, 09:34:25 am »
A text message - I'm still shocked!!

Smiling though Judy, I called into Haigh's on the way to the train and picked up those things we talked about. Oh and a bag of freckles for me!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: July 08, 2013, 09:36:24 am »
Katie, sorry to hear of your crappy day. Hopefully things will get better for you soon.

Marie

mcmich

« Reply #9685 on: July 08, 2013, 09:37:34 am »
Spending time with your Mum sounds nice Mich.  Not sure I'd like to be picking up wallaby poop though!

Well I had a crappy day. First thing this morning the receptionist I hired about a month ago sent me a text message saying she didn't think the job was right for her and that she wouldn't be coming back to work (and that she was sorry to have wasted our time). Seriously when did it become ok to resign a job via text message?? God I don't understand kids of today.

Busy with end of financial year and a massive project to replace the majority of the computers and IT in our two offices, as well as changing our practice management software systems, so finding a new receptionist and training them is just what I don't need. Wish I could retire!

Yep Katie, the work ethic isn't what it use to be.

We have young nurses on the new graduate programme that tell me when allocating patients that they have had that patient for 2 shifts and can't deal with them anymore?
As a nurse fresh out, you did what ever you were told and never were caught hanging around the desk.
Really??? You can't deal with a patient? Why did you choose to nurse??

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: July 08, 2013, 09:37:55 am »
Hope tomorrow is a better day Katie.  :-*  I can't believe someone would quit their job by text msg either - and what happened to giving notice of intentions to leave?  :-))

Hope your shoulder is better soon Jen.  :-*
:D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: July 08, 2013, 10:09:46 am »
OMG that is appalling  Katiej. What on earth is that all about?

Jen good luck. It won't be so bad and hopefully it will help. Treat yourself to a chocolate when you are done.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: July 08, 2013, 10:44:52 am »
Katie enjoy the freckles. As you bite them think of them as the young ladies head. I can't believe someone would resign by text, what next?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #9689 on: July 08, 2013, 10:52:06 am »
Katie enjoy the freckles. As you bite them think of them as the young ladies head. I can't believe someone would resign by text, what next?

I hope she is not being paid for resigning without notice? (in a txt no less)