Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522208 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13800 on: April 15, 2015, 09:57:50 am »
Judy, put on your old, sad face and book a time to go and talk to them. They might swing you a deal. Then you can say "how long will this last while I save up please?' You will be amazed at the improvements in the ipad.  I'm afraid I have come to think an ipad is now a necessity of  life for us young modern people. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #13801 on: April 15, 2015, 10:04:32 am »
I love Miele products. With the dishwasher, if something go goes wrong I have always managed to get the problem solved by calling their customer service. Their service people guide you over the phone. So it is actually cheaper in the long run!

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #13802 on: April 15, 2015, 10:04:54 am »
Thank you once again Gert! I never knew that!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: April 15, 2015, 10:26:13 am »
Thank you once again Gert! I never knew that!

I know someone who had 3 years of not knowing and was always complaining about his iPad until I sorted it in less than a minute!

Judy, put on your old, sad face and book a time to go and talk to them. They might swing you a deal. Then you can say "how long will this last while I save up please?' You will be amazed at the improvements in the ipad.  I'm afraid I have come to think an ipad is now a necessity of  life for us young modern people. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Absolutely cookie. I have had 5 and still own 3 .  Big one, little one and backup!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #13804 on: April 15, 2015, 10:27:22 am »
I do that Gert, not religiously every night but most nights.

Suzanne, mine's holding the charge well but being the original model, I can't see Apple giving me the latest model for $150 although that would be nice.

Judy you need one with 3 G for travelling.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13805 on: April 15, 2015, 10:28:50 am »
I have 3G Gert.

It wouldn't be hard to put on an 'old' face cookie but I don't know if I'd have the courage to try and get an iPad cheaper.  It's not that bad, when Geoff is playing games it often cuts out and I have to reload them for him but at home I don't come across too many problems.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #13806 on: April 15, 2015, 10:29:54 am »
I am absolutely loving Netflix!  Well it is shopping isn't It?

Gert

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13807 on: April 15, 2015, 10:43:55 am »
I got a good deal with a Siemans which is also German made and was about $400 cheaper than the Miele  :) The salesman said it was Miele #1, then Siemans and Bosche. I also bought 2 new porcelain thrones. DD has netflix with her flatmates and they pay something like $3 ea per month, whereas before they were renting movies so this is a lot cheaper.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #13808 on: April 15, 2015, 10:55:47 am »
I am absolutely loving Netflix!  Well it is shopping isn't It?

Gert

We are looking into Netflix as I type Gert! I think there's a bit on there to keep me entertained for a while!!!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: April 15, 2015, 12:01:02 pm »
I binged watched the Entire House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. Can't compare to the British one but still,pretty good and 39 Episodes.

Recommended to me is Suits a U.S.  NYC lawyer thing. Lots to choose from.

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #13810 on: April 15, 2015, 12:03:31 pm »
I have 3G Gert.

It wouldn't be hard to put on an 'old' face cookie but I don't know if I'd have the courage to try and get an iPad cheaper.  It's not that bad, when Geoff is playing games it often cuts out and I have to reload them for him but at home I don't come across too many problems.

Didn't know you had 3 G as well as Wi Fi. Perhaps they can put a new battery in?

Gert

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #13811 on: April 15, 2015, 12:49:40 pm »
Yes, Suits is on my list too...Orange is the New Black is the first thing I'll watch (I've seen some and it is VERY confronting, a bit like a supercharged Aussie Prisoner from the 70's/80's....looking for some lighthearted shows too.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Rotorchef

• This thing chops and slices too.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13812 on: April 15, 2015, 10:48:48 pm »
Hey everyone,

For what it is worth;

The original iPad (yep all those tablet years ago....! (2010)) will probably be showing its age now in terms of battery life. I owned one but got incredibly annoyed when Apple stopped supporting it with new iOS upgrades after only 18months! One of the best ways to ensure that your battery is giving you maximum charge is to ensure things like bluetooth, wifi, and data connections (3G) are only switched on when you are actually using them and need them. The other big drain on battery is what Apple refer to a 'location services' - this basically allows the internal GPS to share your location with lots of other applications for exactly that 'location based services'. Great for navigation and things and also pretty good for shopping deals etc but a bit heavy on the battery.

Gert is 100% correct about clearing things down from the 'active apps'. I found the best way to do this was to literally restart the whole thing every night. That also acts as a bit of a force for things to update too.

As I may have mentioned before once or twice. If you can make the transition from Apple to Android there are some other VERY good options out there for the tablet users. Some of the new tablets from other manufacturers have screens that are better than that of the apple even the retina ones.

Netflix - I personally think SUITS is fantastic! We don't watch TV but the Mrs didn't thank me one bit for getting her hooked on SUITS.

TTFN

RC
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:53:09 pm by Rotorchef »
Remember - the little blade at the rear goes really fast and makes a big mess. Stay away from it!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #13813 on: April 15, 2015, 11:55:20 pm »
Will we see a pic of your recent wedding  toto Chef? Are you on your honeymoon looking at the forum?

Gert

Offline Rotorchef

• This thing chops and slices too.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13814 on: April 15, 2015, 11:59:25 pm »
Will we see a pic of your recent wedding  toto Chef? Are you on your honeymoon looking at the forum?

Gert

Hahahahah Hello Gert  ;D

I will get a couple of shots up when they come back from the photographer - needless to say MrsRC looked stunning! As for a honeymoon. Two weeks in the UK and then another 11 days down on the NSW South Coast sort of did for the Mrs leave entitlement. We are saving up (leave wise) to go to Vietnam later in the year. In the meantime however we are looking at weekend breaks etc and just generally enjoying our time.

RC
Remember - the little blade at the rear goes really fast and makes a big mess. Stay away from it!