Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522279 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8775 on: May 31, 2013, 01:52:20 am »
Some more online shopping today while I'm meant to be working.

DD wanted the retro makeup book for her VCE folio which she is doing on 1950's print and while I was there thought I would buy the small pressure cooker I've been wanting for quite a while - the Kuhn rikon 2.5 ltr.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: May 31, 2013, 02:44:28 am »
Wonder where did you get the small pressure cooker from? that looks just what I have been looking for to use on our yacht.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: May 31, 2013, 03:13:18 am »
Jeninwa, I bought it online through Amazon. I've seen small ones through the pressurecooking website based out of Perth but I was really after a frypan type and couldn't get exactly what I was after in a price range and quality I was happy with. There are a couple of good sets which have the frypan size and a bigger one but as I've already got a large silit stovetop model and the 5 in 1 I didn't want another large one.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: May 31, 2013, 03:19:41 am »
What will you use the small one for?
I'm excited as I just checked the Aust Post website, and my POK order is on board with the driver for delivery today. Luckily for me, I am home today with sick kids and so will be home to receive the delivery (provided that the driver can battle the rain :o)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: May 31, 2013, 03:35:46 am »
ES Excitement plus :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: May 31, 2013, 03:36:53 am »
ES I'm planning on mainly using for vegetables, rice, pilafs and risotto. I'm really looking forward to cooking the veggies or rice at the same time as the casserole or whatever I'm cooking in the bigger one.  I also quite often make smaller amounts and get annoyed that the sides on my others are so high making it difficult to reduce sauces.

stacelee

« Reply #8781 on: May 31, 2013, 04:00:49 am »
Jen,

Have a look at some of the Indian food shops (ie where you get spices etc.) They may have the smaller pressure cookers, I know that Global Trading here in Underwood often have the smaller ones.

I am officially freezing my credit cards...and not coming on here any more....I've given in to the urge at Peter's and bought a new emile henry lasagne dish on sale as mine are too small and always overflowing...that led to a few other purchases there including the spice bags and soup socks that I love and some gardening gloves and some scrubbing gloves that I couldn't resist.  I also had a credit with Thinkgeek which was just waiting to be spent so there are some more geeky t-shirts and gadgets that are on their way to me (I really should be buying winter clothes since my wardrobe is empty but that's what jackets were invented for...there is a downside to losing weight!)

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: May 31, 2013, 04:17:46 am »
Stacelee, That's my local Indian store too ......... love it there ! Was talking to the lady that's always there yesterday and she was saying it's nowhere near as busy as they used to be. Too much competition now ......... hope they stay there though !
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:05:46 am by cookie1 »

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: May 31, 2013, 05:00:27 am »
So you think we could get the moderators to block us from this thread?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: May 31, 2013, 05:02:20 am »
Hally there is a Two Tea or T Two  shop opening in Cairns. should I go there?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: May 31, 2013, 05:19:48 am »

Gert

Yes.
That is all.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: May 31, 2013, 05:40:51 am »
Staclee, I did look at the ones at the Indian shop but they all seem to only have a single pressure and to be honest I really like the look of the Kuhn  ;D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: May 31, 2013, 06:34:59 am »

Gert

Oh boy yes Gert, they have actually just realeased the first flush again of the very expensive  Darjeeling, i tossed up between it or a bottle of vueve, veuve won, cheaper by the weight you calculated.

:)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: May 31, 2013, 06:42:13 am »
Stacelee, I agree. Look what happened to me all because mum wanted a $4 vegetable peeler. Very excited that my order arrived today as I need some of these items as birthday pressies over the weekend :))
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: May 31, 2013, 06:59:04 am »
ES, great shopping, bet it cost more than $4 :)