Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522191 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8100 on: April 05, 2013, 11:21:01 pm »
We bought DS another motorbike, early Birthday present.
he didn't want a new, flash shiny one, but a 20+ year old one, just like his Dads  :o

He bought a go pro with his own money...

And I thought it wise for us to pay for an extra 2 year replacement warranty!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: April 05, 2013, 11:23:08 pm »
Yes Wonder, i remember that saying at the drive ins.

but, if you look we have no side windows in it.. so no curtains needed.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

stacelee

« Reply #8102 on: April 05, 2013, 11:59:31 pm »
I'd love a classic car like a panel van or an old VW.  We are in the market for a new/old car for me because my son is about (hopefully  if he ever gets his license) inherit my current car.  I won't however be getting what I actually want yet because I need a car to teach my daughter to drive in when she gets her learners in a couple of weeks.  I've been promised I can get whatever car I want once she gets her license. 

It will be the first car in 18 years that I won't have to be practical about!!!! as I won't need to transport kids, groceries, etc etc in it.  I just have to be patient :(...the story of my life at the moment...I haven't been able to get any new toys lately.  I was supposed to be getting a new thermal cooker that was released last month in France, but our supplier is not going to be getting it into Australia until the end of the year now :(...I was supposed to be getting a new car but my stepfather wrote his car off and has ended up with the car that we got for my son so we have had to rethink the car thing.

My big purchase this week is 78 metres of new colourbond fencing....more exciting than you would think as it is the last boundary fence that we need to replace...and I will finally be able to plant out some garden beds that I can't currently get to cos a fence is about to fall on my head. 

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: April 06, 2013, 12:08:50 am »
 :D "All good things come to those who wait"  popped up in my mind stacelee!! ;D ;D  I sure know the feeling!! Hope the fence goes up quickly for you at least . . Good luck with it all . . . !!   :)

jakodai

« Reply #8104 on: April 06, 2013, 12:59:27 am »
I did my Costco shop yesterday, and I found a Kitchen Aid Cookie Press for $23.39. I was really happy with the price, because whenever I'd seen them they were much more than that! I got one for free when I subscribed to the cake decorating magazine, but of course, it was crap. It ended up in the bin after the first use, because when I put the dough in and squeezed, the dough came out the top! I haven't used the kitchen aid one yet, but a friend has one and she loves it so I have high hopes. :-)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: April 06, 2013, 01:03:56 am »
Sounds a good buy jakodai.

For South Australian members, the Cosco site appears to have been chosen for their first store here - at Kilburn in the old railway yards.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

jakodai

« Reply #8106 on: April 06, 2013, 01:07:11 am »
Ooh, how exciting! I love Costco - but I'm lucky enough to live walking distance from the one in Melbourne.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: April 06, 2013, 02:08:43 am »
Love the look of a cookie press.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: April 06, 2013, 02:14:24 am »
The only thing wrong with Costco is you have to pay bout $60 a year joining fee and unless you can get there often i don't think it is worth it.

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: April 06, 2013, 03:16:05 am »
Ooh jakodai, that cookie press looks awesome.

I love going (as a guest) to Costco.  Unfortunatey we live a fair way from the only one in Sydney and have a small house with not much storage for bulk goods so I don't have my own membership.  I got a big tub of Hershey's cocoa last time I went which I loved!

jakodai

« Reply #8110 on: April 06, 2013, 03:25:44 am »
I disagree Aussie Brenda. I worked out that with the stuff I bought yesterday if I had have bought it from Coles Online (where I normally do my shopping) I would have spent nearly $80 more. And that's not including flour, either. I normally buy my flour from Costco, last time I bought it was just under $10 for a 10kg bag of baker's flour. I don't go there that often, I don't have a car so I have to rely on other people taking me or using DS dad's car when he comes to visit DS. But with 40 rolls of toilet paper, I don't think I'll need to go that often! lol. But as I mentioned before, I am close by so I can duck in for the small things whenever I need them, and that adds more value, too.

Snappy - I think the hershey's cocoa is worth the membership alone!! lol

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: April 06, 2013, 08:20:39 am »
Im looking forward to Costco being completed in Ringwood cos I live about 4 kms away!!!
Cookie press looks great for the money jakodai, good buy :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: April 06, 2013, 11:51:11 pm »
The only thing wrong with Costco is you have to pay bout $60 a year joining fee and unless you can get there often i don't think it is worth it.

I agreed at first. Then mum, sister and I went thirds and all go together. $20 is good value for each household.

Went to Melbourne Costco on Friday jakodai. Bought 40 toilet rolls too. Paused for long time at cookie press and after much mind manipulation, said nooo. It was a great bargain. :D

jakodai

« Reply #8113 on: April 07, 2013, 01:16:19 am »
I was there on Friday, too, Kimmy. What a small world? Lol

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: April 07, 2013, 01:21:45 am »
Is that the Costco in Harbour town at the Docklands?
That's the only Costco that I have been in and it was amazing  :)
Love your cookie press jakodai  :)