Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521895 times)

Offline kezza

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7530 on: February 09, 2013, 10:26:43 am »
I 'fourth' it cookie!  I loved Costco when I went to Sydney.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: February 09, 2013, 10:46:22 am »
I've never been inside a Costco but love Aldi when we are over East.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: February 09, 2013, 10:59:18 am »
A Venetian tri-fold mirror for a  mantle rejuvenation

And a new stock pot, from Reiss enamelware.....I just love this stuff!!!!, and also the pink pot in front of pic

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: February 09, 2013, 11:00:56 am »
Evening Maddy. Gorgeous purchases as always. :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: February 09, 2013, 11:03:56 am »
Hi Kimmy  :)
I saw many gorgeous things, but showed much self control....I was in Pako Street, say no more  :P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:26:21 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: February 09, 2013, 11:10:40 am »
;) say no more

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7536 on: February 09, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »
an update on my returned Circulon pan.  It was sent back to Melborne  and they rang to tell me that " as a good will gesture" they would replace the pan and provide me with instructions on how to care for it !!!!!
The pan was less that's two years old, had never been in a dishwasher and only used on induction which is a very even heat.  They said I had not looked after it which is incorrect as all my other pans are older and have no problems with any other brand 

When I went in to DJ to pick it up today, the sales assistant tried to give me a tiny frypan, when I told her that the one that I returned was a 31 cm skillet she said it was because I hadn't looked after it!!!!

I politely told her that I expected the SAME PAN to be replaced and after a while she agreed.
I won't be buying that brand again!!!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: February 09, 2013, 12:47:07 pm »
Wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole, GHM!!! ... And I'd be giving DJs a miss also.... arrogant impolite inappropriate comments from staff are reason enough to shop elsewhere!

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: February 09, 2013, 12:51:08 pm »
Good work GHM! How sneaky of DJ assistant to try and fob you off with a smaller `replacement'
They must feel so much better playing the blame game rather than considering that just maybe this product was faulty.
It pays to be politely assertive at times :)
I'm pleased you got a replacement, will be interesting to see how this one goes....

@kimmy.....did your parcel turn up okay? Hope so :)

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: February 09, 2013, 01:41:38 pm »
she said it was because I hadn't looked after it!!!!

I politely told her that I expected the SAME PAN to be replaced and after a while she agreed.
I won't be buying that brand again!!!
Well done Greyhoundmum. I hope you have better luck than I did. The pans I got as replacements were no better than the ones I returned. In the end I figured it wasn't worth the angst. Threw the whole circulon set and won't be buying non stick pans anytime soon >:(.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

stacelee

« Reply #7540 on: February 09, 2013, 05:36:06 pm »
I've never quite been able to bring myself to buy expensive frypans and saucepans. I'm still using a couple of sets of commercial saucepans that were given to me when I first left home (I'm more fond of them now than I was the night I was given them....my father dumped them in the middle of my bedroom when I was asleep and I nearly killed myself falling over them when I got up.)  My favourite frypans are black iron pans that I liberated from work....they are indestructable, survive teenagers and husbands and only require a light oil wipeover to maintain.  I also have a aldi griddle plate that for $20 was a fantastic purchase.

My latest purchase is a 6-in-1 to replace my 5-in-1 that I love....nothing wrong with the 5-in-1 but I'm about to donate some kitchen appliances including my fryer to a lady in Bundaberg whose house was one of the ones that floated away.  She was left with pretty much nothing apparently.....I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like. 

I also bought some really bright tea towels from spotlight because my normal ones all seem to have grown legs and walked away.  I give away a lot of loaves of bread to my family and usually send them wrapped in a tea towel (clean of course) if they are hot.  I'm threatening to embroidery boomerangs on the new ones so that they remember to give the towels back.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: February 09, 2013, 09:47:44 pm »
I've never quite been able to bring myself to buy expensive frypans and saucepans.

Me either stacelee. My pots and pans (a stainless set - 3 saucepans, frypan and a pot) I bought over 20 years ago in Cairns when my now hubby and I moved onto his yacht in the Torres Straits. They lived in a very salty environment for 5 years and then came with us when we moved west.  I think they cost $100 for the set - which was expensive back then - and are still all as good as they day we bought them. I do look at all the nice stuff in the shops, but just can't part with the old faithfuls!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7542 on: February 09, 2013, 10:37:54 pm »
an update on my returned Circulon pan.  It was sent back to Melborne  and they rang to tell me that " as a good will gesture" they would replace the pan and provide me with instructions on how to care for it !!!!!

That's a bit patronising GHM   :-)).  sure, some people don't follow the instructions for use, but they shouldn't assume everyone is the same, and acknowledge there could be a fault  or flaw with their products.

Honestly, I haven't had any longevity with any frypan, other than the Swiss Diamond range.  I have been replacing when on special.
Also I don't use olive oil for cooking or on the heat....I think that has helped too.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #7543 on: February 10, 2013, 01:47:10 am »
Maddy,, the reason I bought the Swiss Diamond griddle and pan was because I read your very complimentary comments about it! I love them.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: February 10, 2013, 01:59:21 am »
Good on you GHM. What annoys me is some sales assistants carry on as if you are asking them to pay for it out of their own pocket and nit the company's! Drives me mad.

Sorry GP, forgot to update. Yes one package has arrived and have confirmed the other two were posted the day after the fire. Phew! All good here.