Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522071 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #6525 on: December 21, 2012, 08:45:59 am »
Frozzie I have been married 47 years. Not all of them good . Things will get better when you are back to normal  in your own home. At least you will be able to fight in  private!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:40 am »
😄😄😄 so true gert.. Im hoping we make it that far.. Touching wood or my head of late .. That should do the trick 😉
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: December 21, 2012, 09:26:02 am »
Frozzie life is double difficult when you are living with someone, thinking of you.

Gert I am so glad your window is fixed. Does the law mower man have insurance to pay for it?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: December 21, 2012, 11:14:04 am »
Glad everything got sorted Gert.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: December 21, 2012, 11:16:43 am »
Thx cookie 😊

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: December 21, 2012, 07:49:51 pm »
I called AAMI and AAMI called some national networking glaziers who called Marlin Coast Glaziers in Cairns who called me. Not one mention of money, costs  or anything from anyone except the initial AAMI guy who answered the phone who wanted me to get quotes.

I told him that would not be happening as it  was a safety issue and whoever could would.

The lawn mower wanted his ins broker to handle it but I already had AAMI on the line..

The glazier said he was supposed to take photos and put in  a proposal and such like but as he had virtually shut down his business for Christmas so  he just got stuck into it.

We had just received the bill for ins due on Jan 8 2012. Last years bill $1657.18. Next years bill $2400. Yikes . So we decided to up the  excess to $1000 to reduce it back to $1600.  How lucky are we to have the claim now!  Of course the lawn mower wants to pay the $300 excess but  we are happy to pay that ourselves.  No brainier really just one of those things. To reduced last year's bill we downed the contents portion. I don't know what we will do next year! We had even thought about not insuring it. Plainly not a good idea.

I am sure more than a few will be shocked at their home and contents ins in 2013.

Is anybody out ther or are we all dead today?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: December 21, 2012, 07:53:28 pm »
Still here, no end of the world at my place in Melbourne.

Greta news on the window Gert.

Frozzie, as others have said its a strain living with others and you have all has such a massive change with the move, I'm sure things will get better soon.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: December 21, 2012, 09:20:51 pm »
Gert great news about the window fixed.
I did that with AAMI too last week, up ed the excess to $500 and the bill went down to $2100 from $2700 a year.

Wonder i love the cookbook thank you very much. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: December 21, 2012, 09:22:47 pm »
Thx wonder.. Hope your right ..

Great news gert and lucky you changed your insurance when u did 😊

mcmich

« Reply #6534 on: December 22, 2012, 07:33:08 am »
I called AAMI and AAMI called some national networking glaziers who called Marlin Coast Glaziers in Cairns who called me. Not one mention of money, costs  or anything from anyone except the initial AAMI guy who answered the phone who wanted me to get quotes.

I told him that would not be happening as it  was a safety issue and whoever could would.

The lawn mower wanted his ins broker to handle it but I already had AAMI on the line..

The glazier said he was supposed to take photos and put in  a proposal and such like but as he had virtually shut down his business for Christmas so  he just got stuck into it.

We had just received the bill for ins due on Jan 8 2012. Last years bill $1657.18. Next years bill $2400. Yikes . So we decided to up the  excess to $1000 to reduce it back to $1600.  How lucky are we to have the claim now!  Of course the lawn mower wants to pay the $300 excess but  we are happy to pay that ourselves.  No brainier really just one of those things. To reduced last year's bill we downed the contents portion. I don't know what we will do next year! We had even thought about not insuring it. Plainly not a good idea.

I am sure more than a few will be shocked at their home and contents ins in 2013.

Is anybody out ther or are we all dead today?

Gert

And you should see landlords insurance. It is so complicated and expensive, don't know whether I will bother and just take out regular insurance on our rental.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: December 22, 2012, 08:02:36 am »
I would take out the landlord insurance, try explaining why your house has been trashed, our unit was and they were fantastic, covered lost rent and they arranged clean up and repairs. As we were living in a different state at the time.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: December 22, 2012, 09:11:23 am »
Gert, srry no time to read all posts.

I was in insurance  for a long time & if you under insure they will only pay 80% of your claim if thy deem you are under insured.

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: December 22, 2012, 09:31:16 am »
I dare them. They keep on upping the value every year.  The hide. .

Gert

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #6538 on: December 22, 2012, 09:24:18 pm »
I take photos and send the sales agreement to my insurance agent, especially when I purchase an appliance or ?? which is more expensive than average and they will add a "rider" that may cost a few dollars more, usually it is negligible, but that insures that if there is a fire or burglary, I will get the (pro-rated of course) value of the more expensive item.
As an example, my fridge cost 2700.00  but my homeowners general policy provision only allows 500.00 for a NEW fridge.
Same with my big flat-screen TV and the plasma TV in my bedroom,  my Mac computers, my high-speed scanner, all top of the line. 
I also have special policies for my more valuable antiques but that's with a specialty insurer as my homeowners does not carry that type. They want photos and precise descriptions of each item and keep a "catalog" as part of the policy.
The most valuable books I keep in a safe deposit box at the bank - that collection is worth more than my house, although I got them for practically nothing some forty years ago...  The insurance company require a huge premium to cover them so I don't keep them in the house.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: December 22, 2012, 09:51:11 pm »
I have an ipad  :)