Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522972 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #5265 on: October 06, 2012, 11:19:27 pm »
I did well then with my little shopping I did. :)

Winery sounds good CP.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: October 07, 2012, 12:15:46 am »
I also picked up an agnolotti maker (Davis & Waddell)

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: October 07, 2012, 05:49:25 am »
Will try and wait for your review on the book Maddy and thanks for the tip re picture on the cover.
CP that spot looks absolutely lovely, glad you enjoyed your day.
Have been given a biscuit forcer or press.  Does anyone have one and if you do what recipe do you use?  No recipe with it.

Marie

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: October 07, 2012, 02:20:59 pm »
Emme, this recipe came with my press, I've just added the KA reference as that was what I used to make them.  It's an old photo, so not that great, but at least you can see that it worked.  :)

Shortbread Cookies (recipe that came with machine)
500g flour
250g sugar
250g butter melted gently on the stove top
Pinch salt
60-90ml milk
2 tsp cocoa – optional
3 egg yolks

Using a knob of butter, grease 2 cookie sheets (NOT non-stick) evenly and refrigerate before using. Preheat oven 180C.

Place flour, salt and sugar into KA bowl.  Use beater on speed 2 to incorporate the ingredients thoroughly.  Pour in the yolks and mix on speed 2 for a few secs, then add the melted butter and then the milk.  I needed about 80ml all up.  Use your hands to squish together until completely uniform and soft.

Unscrew the closing ring (bottom of cylinder) and raise the piston.  Fill the entire cylinder with some of the dough.  Insert the desired die plate into the closing ring.
The raised part of the die plate must be facing downwards.  Screw the closing ring onto the cylinder.

Choose size of the biscuits by rotating the regular pos 1 for small, pos 2 for large.
Turn the knob so that the jack on the lever meets the notches on the rod.  Pump the lever a few times until the dough comes out of the holes evenly.  Remove this and put back with rest of dough.

Place the machine on the cold cookie sheet and push the lever downwards.
Raise the lever and lift up the machine and continue making more cookies.

Place cookie sheet into the oven and bake for approx 15-20 mins or until starting to turn golden on the edges.
Once cooked remove from oven and allow to cool for a min then lift off to a cooling rack. Decorate to taste.

Wash all parts in hot water and mild soap.  Rinse and dry with a cloth.  Never wash in the dishwasher.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: October 07, 2012, 09:03:39 pm »
Thank you JulieO that is great, really appreciate your trouble, just what I wanted.  Photo is wonderful. Have printed it out. The shapes look the same as what I have.
 Marie  :)

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: October 08, 2012, 01:57:24 am »
Went to Red Hill market on Saturday and picked up some cookie cutters from Bisk Art. (santa, reindeer, and 2 dinosaurs) Also got some tea towels, calico bag and creamed honey.

The dinosaur cookie cutters have worked a treat with my daughter, have stamped out potato, pumpkin, sandwiches and they all get eaten.  Will have to try other shapes, maybe small heart carrots etc

*suzanne*

« Reply #5271 on: October 08, 2012, 03:43:58 am »
I bought this to go with our christmas lights

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: October 08, 2012, 04:30:37 am »
my DH would kill me if I purchased any more Christmas lights ... believes you could see our house from the moon as it it  ;D ;D but then again I am sure he pretends to be the Grinch in disguise as he will help me put up all my Christmas lights and decorations even if he does grumble under his breath a LOT little  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

*suzanne*

« Reply #5273 on: October 08, 2012, 04:37:30 am »
Yes they like to complain but secretly love it, we don't have a lot last year was our first Christmas with lights but it looks pretty and I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: October 08, 2012, 04:52:53 am »
Hi, my name is Kathryn and I LOVE CHRISTMAS TOO  :D :D :D

I have been collecting lights for about hmmm 21 years since my first DS was born so it takes us a while to put them up and down  ;)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: October 08, 2012, 05:14:14 am »
We don't have many out side lights but my DW makes up for it in inside decorations. We have a 7 or 8 foot tree and we can't get all of our decoration on it.  We have about nine 50 litre plastic tubs of decorations plus a couple of tea chests. Then there is the fake fireplace the 3 Christmas trees etc etc.

Bah Humbug.

*suzanne*

« Reply #5276 on: October 08, 2012, 05:15:56 am »
But it's so much fun isn't it, 21yrs wow I have been wanting to do it for a while and last year bit the bullet not going to go over board but I just want it to look pretty and christmasy (don't even think that's a word  ;D) can't wait until the end of November

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: October 08, 2012, 05:17:25 am »
OMG DD - that is an awful lot of decorations!  Christmas must truly be wonderful at your house!

I wonder how many Maddy has ......... I bet she has a few too  ;) ;)
Karen in Adelaide

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: October 08, 2012, 05:22:37 am »
Lol DD I didn't include our 8ft tree and the *whistles* number of plastic tubs in the shed with decorations etc  ;D ;D We choose a colour theme each year for inside and all my decorations are in colour co-ordinated boxes in the shed. If we see a pretty new colour we choose that to go with something that we already have in the shed. DD has already seen a pretty new colour this year that she wants to have ... don't know where on earth she gets it from  :-)) :-)) :-))

mcmich

« Reply #5279 on: October 08, 2012, 05:54:08 am »
OMG DD - that is an awful lot of decorations!  Christmas must truly be wonderful at your house!

I wonder how many Maddy has ......... I bet she has a few too  ;) ;)
There is a Christmas Tree thread Karen. Maddy has a tree that is very girly, very pretty, very Maddy.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:56:03 am by mcmich »