Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521896 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4755 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:27 am »
Lucky girl Maddy

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:25 am »
Lucky girl Maddy

really, I'm the lucky one  ;) she studies hard, there's never huge dramas, and she only asks me to buy her books....so far, I've had it easy  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: August 31, 2012, 02:51:24 pm »
got a new pair of Pilates pants from Lululemon, love that shop expensive but worth it for the quality. Bought make up, only need an eye liner but there was one of those spend over a certain amount and get a gift promo so spent far too much and came out with way more that I needed, but hey that is what shopping is all about.  It is my birthday next Monday and DH and DD's are in England so thought I deserved to shop.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #4758 on: August 31, 2012, 11:31:10 pm »
Me too CP .......... spiders, cockroaches, rats, mice, lizards I can handle - but snakes have me screaming and screeching and crying lke a baby.

I pity the snake that comes eye to eye with you Karen, you'd frighten the life out of it  ;D  Mind you, I'd probably join in with you ;)

I kill the rattlesnakes (Mojave green the deadliest snake in this part of the U.S.) with a garden hoe.  I have one with a 6-foot handle and I keep it very, very sharp.  It usually takes just one blow to take the head off.  One of my neighbors comes and collects the carcase as he skins them and makes belts from the skins. 
The skins are beautifully patterned.  The belts sell for quite a lot.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: September 01, 2012, 12:42:31 am »
I saw a newley deaded Taipan on the highway. Yum fresh road kill.

The pesky rat will be having a headache today. In his encounter with the peanut butter  laden trap last night he suffered an injury of some sort and there is some blood on the pavers.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: September 01, 2012, 02:49:33 am »
today the kids got lego, and a remote control helicopter, DVD, a book, pillow toy.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: September 01, 2012, 06:29:43 am »
I kill the rattlesnakes (Mojave green the deadliest snake in this part of the U.S.) with a garden hoe.  I have one with a 6-foot handle and I keep it very, very sharp.  It usually takes just one blow to take the head off.

Aghh!  There is a good thing about England and that it that we rarely see anything that can kill. A pidgeon has died in my garden yesterday and I (being a wimp about such things) am wondering how to get rid of it. I got the spade out of the shed and that's about as far as I have got.
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: September 01, 2012, 07:12:44 am »
Dot, we have mice, rats, bandicoots, snakes, lizards, iguanas, lots of things.

Lots of nice native birds, parrots too. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: September 01, 2012, 07:40:42 am »
Bought my DH an ipad for fathers day oh and some hankies  :-))

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: September 01, 2012, 08:04:45 am »
OMG andie - you are so brave to kill a snake like that with a hoe!   After my last snake encounter, I wondered about stocking up on some hand grenades or something that I could throw from a safe distance  ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: September 01, 2012, 08:18:55 am »

1000w Breville blender....not for me  :P my Dads Fathers day present....the ancient one he was borrowing blew up...he uses it for all the sauces he makes....luckily I remembered as I had nothing for him yet   :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: September 01, 2012, 08:27:17 am »
Greyhoundmum, not sure where you are located but lululemon have an outlet shopping Collingwood Melbourne. I love there stuff and where it to death but always get it at the outlet these days.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: September 01, 2012, 08:32:26 am »
Aghh!  There is a good thing about England and that it that we rarely see anything that can kill. A pidgeon has died in my garden yesterday and I (being a wimp about such things) am wondering how to get rid of it. I got the spade out of the shed and that's about as far as I have got.

Nice to see you posting DD.  I found a dead bird recently so used an old pair of tongs to pick it up and put it in a hole I had dug in the garden.  The tongs went in the bin.  We are such whimps aren't we  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: September 01, 2012, 08:56:44 am »
I do know what you have there Obbie 'cos I used to live in Queensland which had quite a variety of things with faces!
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: September 01, 2012, 09:16:10 am »
Greyhoundmum, not sure where you are located but lululemon have an outlet shopping Collingwood Melbourne. I love there stuff and where it to death but always get it at the outlet these days.
Hi Wonder, jealous!!  I am in Perth so pants cost me $115. I travel a lot with my job but unfortunately not to Melb.