Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522325 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3735 on: July 01, 2012, 04:54:51 am »
Was this what you were talking about? Was the one you replaced blocked at ll or maybe twisted around so the air was blocked.

Just wanted to know in case.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: July 01, 2012, 05:34:45 am »
Yes that's the one we replaced. It is interesting that they gave us a spare and now I have to make sure I always have a spare. It is so small we couldn't see if there was a blockage.

We are having people staying with us from tonight and they also love their coffee.

Cheers  :)

PS. The picture is a good idea Gert and I have to learn how to do it..

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: July 01, 2012, 05:57:08 am »
Yes that's the one we replaced. It is interesting that they gave us a spare and now I have to make sure I always have a spare. It is so small we couldn't see if there was a blockage.

We are having people staying with us from tonight and they also love their coffee.

Cheers  :)

PS. The picture is a good idea Gert and I have to learn how to do it..

Just took it on my iPad and went to Tapatalk.

That is good to know and yes interesting they included it. While saying nothing
Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: July 01, 2012, 06:17:29 am »
I'm going to order more from POK
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #3739 on: July 01, 2012, 07:02:41 am »
Robyn POK is very addictive. Turn around and run while you still can.

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: July 01, 2012, 09:10:45 am »

Tell me about it!  I took Mum for a shop at POK and VB on Saturday.  Bought some canning and preserving equipment because i am really enjoying preserving things and making jams in the TMX

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: July 01, 2012, 12:10:05 pm »
I'm going to order more from POK

Excellent advice, Robyn!! while you can.. and as fast as you can . . . . . I mean run . . NOT order!! ;D ;D ;D

jakodai

« Reply #3742 on: July 01, 2012, 12:57:33 pm »
I bought a Tefal ActiFry today. I knew I shouldn't have, but I'm doing my best to make EVERYTHING at home, and takeaway deep-fried chips are my biggest downfall. And of course once you go to somewhere like Red Rooster or something to get chips, you also end up getting something else, and a drink, and before you know you're close to $20 for 2 people (1 and a half...). As long as I use that now instead of going out to get takeaway, I should be fine. It's actually moe of a nuisance for me to get takeaway, because although it's not that far away, it's either a 20 minute walk, or however long it takes for the tram to get there and with a toddler it's even more painful. I also bought a potato chipper to cut the chips to uniform sizes (I'm a little OCD like that) so making chips is really easy, and much healthier than Red Rooster.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3743 on: July 01, 2012, 09:15:25 pm »
Jakodai, I have been looking into one of those so will be glad to hear of reviews.
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

stacelee

« Reply #3744 on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:04 pm »
Knittercook,  the actifry is good if you want to be able to also stir fry,  there is also the Phillips air fryer which is a little more like a suped up oven, but is better for things like dim sims, chico rolls etc.  I tend to use the Phillips more than the tefal because it does great chipolata sausages and chicken wings.  Both machines have PDF instruction books and recipe books available as downloads from the manufacturers websites.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: July 01, 2012, 10:13:30 pm »
I went down to Cairns yesterday, Myer sales... very disappointed. bought nothing at all.

there was hardly any staff, 1 person in the whole kitchenware section at the register, lots of stuff not priced, just  put on display.

POK has knives for $50 cheaper too.  watch for update today..... ;D

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3746 on: July 01, 2012, 10:29:24 pm »
Knittercook,  the actifry is good if you want to be able to also stir fry,  there is also the Phillips air fryer which is a little more like a suped up oven, but is better for things like dim sims, chico rolls etc.  I tend to use the Phillips more than the tefal because it does great chipolata sausages and chicken wings.  Both machines have PDF instruction books and recipe books available as downloads from the manufacturers websites.

Thanks stacelee, we love our dim sims and chiko rolls so it sounds like the Philips may be more suitable, will go and investigate further :)
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline JuicyFruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: July 02, 2012, 02:32:22 am »
No shopping for me today, but ohh the mention of Chicko Rolls brings back memories! I used to live on those as a teenager Omnomnom .. Must remember to add that to my list of things I miss about Australia  ;D
~ Clare

stacelee

« Reply #3748 on: July 02, 2012, 02:55:08 am »
My husband loves them which is one of the reasons I got the Phillips fryer. Personally they are not my thing, but then neither are dim sims, although I will eat them if they are there.  I love stir frys which is why my mother got me the tefal.  I sometimes have both going depending on what I'm cooking.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: July 02, 2012, 03:18:58 am »
I am not looking, I am not looking. I don't need it, I don't need it
 :D :D :D
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate