Author Topic: Moroccan Lamb  (Read 51479 times)

Offline Sundari

• View Profile
Re: Morrocan Lamb
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 09:15:01 am »
sounds delicious can't wait to try it out
Birth Worker
Mum to one DD 6yrs
Thermomix Consultant

Offline sianon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 11:32:59 pm »
This is something (along with the German potato soup)  I now regularly make to freeze in small portions for work lunches or those nights where I can't be bothered cooking.    Now need to expand my collection of yummy recipes.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 01:01:17 am »
Always great to get recommendations like that - maybe we should have a rating system??

I know my steamed sea urchin custards would not get a star - but hey, it's about making this more friendly to all, not just weirdos.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 09:28:19 am »
Very tasty dish. Even though I put in ground coriander by mistake, and then added the ground cinnamon when I realised -- it still got the thumbs up. Didn't read that it only fed 2-3 people until I started to make it, but made sure we had lots of accompanying vegetables and couscous. Will make this again 9/10
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 07:10:26 am »
Made this today for an early tea.  Didn't feel like rice or couscous to go with it, so made mashed potatoes and thickly cut carrots.  Was absolutely delicious, we loved it.

I bought a half leg of lamb, trimmed it and cut into cubes, enough for this meal and have frozen the left over for another meal.

A really lovely meal all done in the TM, so no oven to heat up my kitchen on a hot day.  :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:31:17 am by judydawn »

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 02:22:30 pm »
Wow Julie looks delicious!  Have to add this one to my to do list!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 06:08:30 am »
Does look good.  Karen Martini has chickpea recipes in her Sunday column today - fits in well.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 08:30:14 am »
Has anyone tried doubling this?  I'm thinking of making it for a birthday dinner but I know the people coming are big lamb fans so might not be enough with one serve????

Could I just double the ingredients... would that still taste good??? Will it fit in the tmx? LOL

Might just make it in two lots and save myself some grief lmao

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:32 pm »
You could probably get double in, but it may pay not to put the chickpeas in until all other ingredients are in, and then add some if there is plenty of room.  If you put them in the Varoma if they don't fit and mix it all together and leave for 10 minutes for the flavours to blend.

Alternatively - cook 2 lots the day before, but slightly undercook it and then reheat in the oven in a casserole?  The flavours will improve overnight.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 02:03:45 pm »
I normally cook this in two lots ... more out of habit than anything. I THINK you could squeeze double into the bowl but would do as Thermomixer says and leave the chickpeas until last. Let us know what you decide and how you go.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 11:39:47 am »
Ok made this for DH's birthday tonight (it is one of his favourites at the moment) . I made 1 1/2 times the recipe (as and DS number 1 is away)  though I did use two 420g tins of chickpeas (I couldn't be bothered with open tins in the fridge and they are good for you!!) It all just fit in the bowl so think even with the "normal" amount of chick peas you might struggle to get double in - so if you try double definitely leave the chick peas until last!

Offline Jabba

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 09:11:51 am »
I made this late last night and we reheated it and have just eaten it for dinner.  It was delicious - even my 4-year old was raving about it.  And we still have a couple of bowls left for lunch tomorrow.

I had to make a few changes, based on what I had available.  I used 500 gm of lamb, a 400-ish gram tin of chickpeas, didn't have any tomato paste so used 90 g of Tomato (Pasta) Sauce (from the Everyday cookbook) that I had made the day before and the juice of most of one lemon.

We had it over quinoa, with some steamed veg and a dollop of yogurt.  Really, really good!

Offline Roxy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 09:02:24 am »
Delicious!!!!

Have now used chick peas twice in my life.  I added sultanas instead of dates as daughter loves them and it was great.  Didn't have any rice and so made mashed potato/sweet potato and they worked well together.

Thanks will make this again  ;D

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 02:42:03 pm »
I actually serve this with couscous (made in the thermoserver - [is that tip on here somewhere????] and steamed pumpkin and sweet potato. Thought I had posted that but alas no, only written it on the bottom of my recipe!

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 12:27:46 pm »
Had this tonight with cous cous... yummo!