Author Topic: For Foods Sake - Steamed Salmon with Mango Pineapple Salsa page 108  (Read 5587 times)

Offline Mrs KK

• View Profile
YAY I am soo excited - I love Tenina's new book, which I got a Collins Gateways Success on Thursday. I can't wait to work my way through the whole book. Thursday night I made the Steamed Salmon. We normally have baked salmon/pesto crust and this was a fantastic way to try something different. The whole family loved it including 2 x DD (15yr & 12yr). DD (15yr) doesn't really like pineapple & mango and still loved it.

Going by the photo I diced the pineapple and mango quite big. I would recommend dicing it smaller. Next time I will put it in the TMX with the capsicums etc. Also the quantity was enormous and we had plenty left over.
I also didn't have time to make the citrus olive salt (never checked the cooking time before deciding on the recipe) so I just added salt and a small amount of rind of a lime & orange.

I cooked 5 average pieces of salmon. The suggested cooking time of 4-5 min/varoma/speed 4 was well undercooked for my DD's and next time I will cook for at least another 5 mins.

With the leftovers, last night we made Tenina's Dinner Spinner pizza with a few changes. I used chicken instead of speck. Hand cut red onion & red capsicum and didn't precook. Baked on the pizza stone in the BBQ. When cooked topped with the leftover Mango & Pineapple Salsa (that was put back in the TMX to chop smaller) - YUM YUM YUM!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:38:42 am by judydawn »

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: For Foods Sake - Steamed Salmon with Mango Pineapple Salsa page 108
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:00:23 am »
Made a half recipe of this meal today.  Loved it!

Even though I didn't have any green capsicum to go in the salsa it wasn't missed.  The flavours went really well together.  Luckily I had some mango cheeks in the freezer.

Another tasty, easy meal.  5/5.   :D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:13:52 am »
Wow JulieO that look delicious, I will have to this a try.

Offline Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:22:45 am »
Yum - that looks great - was thinking this might be worht a try on good friday.
although none of the guys like salmon - so they can have their snapper on the BBQ 

Tan
Tan

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41:03 pm »
Thanks Brenda and Tan.  I had planned on making it on Friday, but it was such a hot day here today (38) and I just felt like something like this.  Was a good choice.  :)

Offline kyton

• View Profile

Had this for a quick dinner on Wednesday. Was very nice and a change from the usual pan fried salmon.
Kylie

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Very nice Kyton. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.