Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035490 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26835 on: March 13, 2023, 05:03:17 pm »
Sorry to hear you caught COVID, Katie.  Hope it is not too bad and you recover quickly.  It sounds like it couldn't have come at a worse time.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26836 on: March 14, 2023, 08:13:04 pm »
Thank you all for your thoughts. Cookie well done with your diabetes results. Well yesterday was not great with Covid but I’m now regularly taking Panadol and trying to drink water more . DH got home very late so DS with a mild case of covid heated up some Aldi pizzas they were ok but could only eat small amount. Yes yes should have homemade ones ready to go ! Apparently the prawn one on the box said 8 prawns only 5 !! DD tyre is fixed DH took it to nearby tyre place ! I really hope DH does not get covid . This morning I woke very early , but I had slept most of the day . DS has been doing school work yesterday.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26837 on: March 15, 2023, 07:51:59 am »
i did the food shopping this morning. Still in shock at the prices. I love Castello Blue cheese and would occasionally buy it for a treat at $8.50, I see today it is now $14.50.

Tonight we have a committee meeting for Model A club. Apparently now I'm the vehicle registrar I get to go to the committee meetings. Naturally they are the other side of the river. Neither DH nor I wish to be president, so they won't be at our place.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26838 on: March 15, 2023, 08:17:36 am »
We also did the weekly shop this morning, and agree that the prices just seem to be going up each week.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26839 on: March 16, 2023, 12:14:46 pm »
We had another coffee run today with a different group of people.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26840 on: March 16, 2023, 05:41:18 pm »
Had a major upgrade and change around of the computers at work - now I can't find anything!!

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26841 on: March 16, 2023, 09:37:38 pm »
Yesterday I managed to get a few jobs done and clean up the kitchen . Some washing and check on the chooks even feed the cats. It was a better day as I managed to do more before I had to go back to bed and rest. Poor DH has it too now . Seemed to only be able to watch Netflix and not capable of reading . But feel so much better .  DF dropped of small supermarket shop which helped .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26842 on: March 17, 2023, 12:45:42 pm »
I had my hair cut today and some more grey put into it. 😀😀😀

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26843 on: March 17, 2023, 09:09:18 pm »
Gosh I got fully dressed yesterday and did the daily chores , as DH went to check sheep then spent day on the couch unwell . Must admit I had two sleeps , so not as good as I thought . Might be a quieter day today . My goal will be to get the linens washed on a super warm day . DH got a call to get fire truck ready for any action today !!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26844 on: March 17, 2023, 09:40:41 pm »
Went to an Indian restaurant for dinner last night in Bendigo followed by a Blues concert, with DH and neighbours, but I was so tired I slept through most of the performance, unfortunately.  I am not into Blues music as a rule but I admit what I did see / hear of the concert was very good.  DH loved the concert so I think I may regret falling asleep when he is discussing it today- maybe I will fall asleep again so I don't have to pretend I saw the whole concert!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26845 on: March 18, 2023, 09:29:40 am »
That’s funny Marina. I remember many years ago Mum and Dad came to Perth and had tickets to take us to see and hear David Helfgott at the concert hall. It’s not my type of music at all. DH stayed awake but I didn’t.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26846 on: March 18, 2023, 07:20:10 pm »
We saw David Helfgott many years ago when we lived in Kalgoorlie - I don't necessarily like all classical music but he was an amazing pianist and I did manage to stay awake.  My theory is that a concert is not a 'proper' concert unless at least one person falls asleep!

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26847 on: March 18, 2023, 09:44:56 pm »
Well tested to see if still have Covid yesterday (day 5) and I do ! Very surprised as I was really feeling very good but maybe DH gave it back to me ! Is that possible? I am very full on with wiping everything etc but I did stay in the sitting room with DH the last few days . It’s just like how it started slight glands up and a little uncomfortable sore throat . Worst ever DH’s SIL tested positive as she and DH’s DB went to visit DH’s DM !! The aged care local hospital must black ban us soon at this rate .
All the pears are on the ground so I picked a whole lot up but cannot preserve any while with Covid . Frustrating.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 09:47:01 pm by K Atie »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26848 on: March 19, 2023, 08:02:00 am »
We saw David Helfgott many years ago when we lived in Kalgoorlie - I don't necessarily like all classical music but he was an amazing pianist and I did manage to stay awake.  My theory is that a concert is not a 'proper' concert unless at least one person falls asleep!
He is certainly a brilliant pianist Marina. I can't dispute that. It was really quite wonderful what his wife was able to do for him.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26849 on: March 19, 2023, 08:35:46 pm »
Just catching up. Cookie well done with the diabetes test. KAtie, sorry to hear about the COVID. I’m adjusting to my new life but get incredibly tired. Not surprising. I’m having the first Cataract done on Thursday and a friend is coming to stay for a few days. I’m looking forward to the visit. She also has a TMX but doesn’t use it as much as she could, so we will be doing some cooking.