Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6099772 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26775 on: February 15, 2023, 07:05:54 am »
That is terrible treatment from the bank, Margaret.  They obviously forgot that they were there to serve you not the other way around.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26776 on: February 15, 2023, 09:40:52 am »
I’m glad you did let them know Margaret, how rude of the teller to do that.
I was in a doctor’s surgery today and the female counter staff are not that friendly but when I came out and made another appointment I struck a different girl who was so lovely that I asked her name and told her how bright and bubbly she was. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26777 on: February 15, 2023, 12:16:09 pm »
Not good re the bank . Big day returned home dashed around to do house jobs etc and to minutes to get dinner done , mentor online meeting for year 12 DS ! Then a book club on line . Had dinner and finished cleaning up . DH DD have been working hard . DD helping as roustabout, DH moving sheep till very late at night . They leave before 730 and DD gets back about 500 . I think there comes a time that I feel just as exhausted as it all sounds . So treat tomorrow out to early girls lunch , thus I’m helping in the yards am , but told DH no chasing sheep or getting hurt ! That means I am not allowed to jump over the top of gates thinking I’m a teenager.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26778 on: February 15, 2023, 12:52:11 pm »
Mab that is truly disgusting.

DH has found a similar thing on the phone lately. He holds on for 20 minutes then they say we are too busy to take your call and disconnect.
He is making a lot of calls at the moment as our lawyer is having trouble with MIL will. Poor darling she would be so upset if she knew about it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26779 on: February 15, 2023, 04:29:26 pm »
The ATO did that to me as well, Cookie - after faffing around for ages, pressing the allotted series of numbers to take me to, more or less, the department I wanted to speak to and hanging on for ages for the call to be picked up the machine answered to say they couldn't help me and hung up.  It was so infuriating.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26780 on: February 16, 2023, 08:56:55 am »
Mab, that is awful treatment by the bank. I’ve noticed that the banks in general now offer very poor counter service. They want everything on line. They forget there is a generation not brought up with computers.
We are having lots of visitors at the moment. I’m going to bed early tonight.
I bought a new iPad Air today. Friend will set it up tomorrow.
37 tomorrow, glad the A/C is working.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26781 on: February 16, 2023, 10:45:46 am »
Up early helped in the sheep yards with DH . Home to wash hair and off to meet girlfriends for lunch . We went to The Royal Mail at Dunkeld and in what they call Parker Street . It was super good and we each decided to have something different that we would not do ourselves or had . Lots of talking . Collect lemonade icy poles for DD and the Shearers dropped off . They finished in the shed this arvo so that’s good . Another very hot day tomorrow.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26782 on: February 17, 2023, 08:17:34 am »
A trip to Bunnings this morning to buy 2 buckets and a small step ladder all for me. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26783 on: February 17, 2023, 08:23:22 am »
Very exciting re the ipad Chookie.
We have had news that MIL's will is to be contested. Our lawyer has told the other parties lawyer that they are wrong but we will see what happens down the track. It will be them that has to find the 10's of thousands of $$. Not us. The news was quite disturbing but then you never know. The poor old MIL would be having a fit if she knew.

Yesterday I went out and bought some more flour. I picked up a whole meal that is made and ground locally., I've made a loaf with it today. It's looking good. I also picked up some rye wholemeal and dark rye. Also wheat grains and rye grains.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26784 on: February 17, 2023, 09:26:23 am »
On my lovely day yesterday I did encounter a truck that passed me going the other way . It was loaded with gravel , like 2cm size ,it must not have had the tarp over and a heap came off the top and hit my car , it sounded so bad , thankfully my windscreen did not break . Pulled over found two dents with paint scraped off , chip on the windscreen and I dare not look at the roof . Well it’s just been too hot to get up there to look . There will be more but I need to wash all the bug marks off . Really annoyed as I do look after my car . But so so thankful that the windscreen incredibly did not break.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26785 on: February 18, 2023, 12:03:06 am »
That is truly awful about your MIL's will being contested, Cookie.  I am assuming it is family, but distant family involved, it is a horrible situation and leaves such a lot of bad feeling in the family.  I sincerely hope they arr not successful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26786 on: February 18, 2023, 05:24:37 am »
I’m sorry to hear that news too cookie, it just brings stress to some of those involved. I’m a believer that what the will states should be followed to a T unless there has been coercion involved.  Good luck with the outcome.

Gosh that truck driver would probably have been causing damage until he got to his destination K Atie, hopefully someone would have reported him at some stage.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26787 on: February 18, 2023, 05:54:23 am »
Judy he probably had too much in the load too because that should not of happened. DH taken DS to get a suit for dinner dance next weekend .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26788 on: February 18, 2023, 09:48:47 am »
Thanks for your lovely comments. MIL will only mentioned her sons as it was written in 1980. Even DD didn’t get a mention and they were extremely close. (She was a babe in arms then 😀😀)

Yes, all upsetting, but if it has to go to the Supreme Court I hope they will take into account that the baddies stole from her, beat up her husband and never saw her.
Sorry forum friends I promise not to whine again. 😀😀😀😀😀😃 We will do what the law tells us.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26789 on: February 18, 2023, 07:59:16 pm »
No need to apologise for 'venting' Cookie, I think we all would in the same situation.  Those that are contesting the will sound horrid.