Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273756 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #615 on: November 10, 2014, 12:00:41 am »
Wonder, I too applaud your patience and attitude. There's nothing you can do about it, raving and ranting will get you no-where and is a waste of energy.  I'm sure they are on your case and feeling bad about it too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 10, 2014, 12:09:10 am »
Wonder I am another who admires your attitude, although I do try to be the same. I rant and rave on here and then feel better about things.
I think with it being the second machine, things aren't quite as bad. Lots of gold stars to you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #617 on: November 10, 2014, 06:57:52 am »
Wonder, I'm another who admires your attitude.  Wish I was as stoic.  I think I would be on a plane to Perth and be tearing someone's hair out.  Not mine. I must admit, though that I am missing my two bowls.
Won't be happy with the Chip until I can load on my fav recipes. I know a young man who as a 15 year old , tought himself to hack.  I had no idea what this was and thought it very clever.  He is brilliant with computers so might set him a task. Probably illegal,  no doubt protected by copyright.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 10, 2014, 07:08:08 am »
I am missing my second bowl as well.

If only it was a USB. I would e sooooooo much more useful.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 10, 2014, 07:35:54 am »
I'd say using a "hacked" or otherwise non official chip would void your TMX warranty.
In sure HO and Vorverk will want to stop it happening by using all means.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 10, 2014, 08:49:53 am »
I also admire your attitude Wonder. :-*

Missing my second bowl too.Ordered it the same time as my TM5 but they don't know when they will be in stock for delivery :-)) They offered a refund but I declined.No point.Apparently I will receive an extra spatula for my patience :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 10, 2014, 09:10:20 am »
LillyPilly, don't feel bad enjoy it while you are so excited, mine will come sometime soon I'm sure. I do admit to feeling a little annoyed when a recent member had already received and sold hers before I've even managed to get mine, but that's the way things go. I finally managed to get some time to cook a few things this weekend and I did think it would be nice to have the new machine but then thought about how many times I would need to wash the single bowl and was glad for my TM31 with it's two bowls. I'm always telling my kids "good things come to those who wait" so just need to be patient and take my own advice.

I will try to concentrate on being envious of your second bowl  :-)). I only hope you don't have to be patient for the length of time it will take Australia Post to admit it is missing. I can't see how this should be your problem.

I'd say using a "hacked" or otherwise non official chip would void your TMX warranty.
In sure HO and Vorverk will want to stop it happening by using all means.
The warranty is only two years. I don't expect to see a bootleg chip any time soon. As far as Voerwork being unhappy about it, I imagine they will be, but if Microsoft and Apple can't control post sale consumer behaviour, I doubt Voerwork will be more successful.

If only it was a USB. I would e sooooooo much more useful.

Gert

Couldn't agree more. I hope the proprietary chip will eventually prove to have been an arrogant, but pointless decision.

I described my Thermomix to the consultant as the Apple of Kitchen Appliances. It is the original, much copied innovator and better built, but never goes on sale and doesn't play nicely with others.  :)
TM5, delivered 05/11/2014 😍

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #622 on: November 10, 2014, 10:04:52 am »
Yes LillyPilly, I've used that comparison between Apple and Thermomix myself....hence the HMP was so appealing when I first bought my tmx. The limitations of the chip upon clever recipe developers such as Tenina and Alyce could be seen by some as a good move. However one just needs to look at how Android is taking over Apple's market share to see this may be short lived.
In fact I am sure I would have upgraded my tm31 if I could modify chip (or even better USB) contents.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 10, 2014, 11:36:02 am »

Missing my second bowl too.Ordered it the same time as my TM5 but they don't know when they will be in stock for delivery :-)) They offered a refund but I declined.No point.Apparently I will receive an extra spatula for my patience :D

Like you want another crapp spatula!!

Yes LillyPilly, I've used that comparison between Apple and Thermomix myself....hence the HMP was so appealing when I first bought my tmx. The limitations of the chip upon clever recipe developers such as Tenina and Alyce could be seen by some as a good move. However one just needs to look at how Android is taking over Apple's market share to see this may be short lived.
In fact I am sure I would have upgraded my tm31 if I could modify chip (or even better USB) contents.

I agree Jamberie. I think there  will be another Thermomix much  sooner than the last . Technology and the wannabes will be uping their game. Vorwerk have the good basics,down pat but this added technology missed the  mark and has irritated  a lot of dedicated customers. Even me a dedicated TM lover will be looking elsewhere in the future. Their marketing department sucks. It could have been soooooo much better, more innovative and hit the ever changing market for six but for the fact it is a privately held company and not particularly forward thinking. They  not have to answer to shareholders. They have a European mentality and are really not up with the New World of business,which  moves a lot faster than they are used to..

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 10, 2014, 12:03:35 pm »
I think in years to come, we will all look back with awe at the TM31.  It was ahead of the others for many,many years.
Denise

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #625 on: November 10, 2014, 08:46:04 pm »

Like you want another crapp spatula!!

I agree Jamberie. I think there  will be another Thermomix much  sooner than the last . Technology and the wannabes will be uping their game. Vorwerk have the good basics,down pat but this added technology missed the  mark and has irritated  a lot of dedicated customers. Even me a dedicated TM lover will be looking elsewhere in the future. Their marketing department sucks. It could have been soooooo much better, more innovative and hit the ever changing market for six but for the fact it is a privately held company and not particularly forward thinking. They  not have to answer to shareholders. They have a European mentality and are really not up with the New World of business,which  moves a lot faster than they are used to..

Couldn't agree more.  Don't they realize that making it more easily available to different recipes they would sell more.  If people with different recipe preferences had easier access to making what they prefer,  through a chip of THEIR choice , and not one controlled by TMX, they would sell more. They need to move forward,  and fast.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 10, 2014, 09:04:23 pm »
Thanks everyone. Maybe today will be the day  ;D I'm very busy with work at the moment (as always) but am working from home all of this week just in case it is able to be delivered.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 10, 2014, 09:47:55 pm »
fingers crossed for you Wonder
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 10, 2014, 10:13:10 pm »
Vorwerk have the good basics,down pat but this added technology missed the  mark and has irritated  a lot of dedicated customers. Even me a dedicated TM lover will be looking elsewhere in the future. Their marketing department sucks. It could have been soooooo much better, more innovative and hit the ever changing market for six but for the fact it is a privately held company and not particularly forward thinking. They  not have to answer to shareholders. They have a European mentality and are really not up with the New World of business,which  moves a lot faster than they are used to..

Gert

When I told my friend I'd come to her demo, I didn't even know there was a new model. I would have been perfectly happy with the 31. Fewer bells and whistles mean less to potentially go wrong.

I don't understand Vorwerk's partial embracing of available technology. Even my BBQ thermometer can talk to my phone or an iPad!

There are some advantages to a wholly owned company. They can take a longer range view, not having to appease investors who may have much shorter term goals. I only hope Vorwerk have maintained the same ethos that allowed them to produce the TM31, with its phenomenal durability. If I can't have robust durability, I want an iPhone dock, not locking arms  :-\

Fingers crossed for you, Wonder
TM5, delivered 05/11/2014 😍

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 10, 2014, 11:40:45 pm »
I can't believe it - my consultant just rang to say she went to the Tullamarine depot on the off chance it was there and it was!!! TMX headoffice hadn't bothered to let her know it was there so I could have still been waiting if she hadn't of gone out. She also let me know that the group leader has provided a thermosaver free of charge as an apology. She is coming by in about an hour to drop it off.