Author Topic: TM5  (Read 276210 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #465 on: October 31, 2014, 09:24:43 pm »
CC, I was pretty annoyed yesterday but more because we have a public holiday Tuesday and I was planning on doing some cooking then. While it's frustrating I know I'll eventually get it and this is really out of their hands. With the consultant it just confirms my earier thoughts that while she is a lovely lady, she's not a rocket scientist  ;D

I questioned them on the warranty and they said they would extend it to October, I said I wouldn't accept anything other than the warranty commencing on the day it's available for me to use it. The phone operator said she would need to get back to me on it. I'll continue to press them on this and get it in writing, making sure I take a photo of the date stamp etc. on the package.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 31, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »
Oh Wonder, I can only echo what others have said. So annoying to have something of that magnitude "go astray"! I seriously thought that TM Aust would have used a dedicated courier form like DHL, Fastway etc. I know Aust Post has a courier service but I still think they do "normal" mail better.
Kylie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 31, 2014, 10:27:27 pm »
You are being very patient Wonder,I would be spitting feathers!!

:D :D :D  We say 'spitting chips' down under CC, I had a good laugh at your saying.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 31, 2014, 10:42:53 pm »
It is a shame all this kerfuffle could easily have been avoided. It has really damaged the brand.

I would not worry too much about the warranty as I am sure that it will be honoured even after the use by date. It would not be worth her while not to.She is in enough doo doo as it is.

I started making ice cream with the chip recipe and couldn't cope. had to add this change that and why bother but it is good for the method.

The settings on the machine can change the language. NOT. Yes you can see some simple prep message like Next in Spanish but the recipe remains in English. They could have done  so much more and so much better with the chip which should have been a stick. This is really a shame and Vorwerk has gone even further down in customer care in my opinion. Clever marketing but not so nice for the customer.

And don't quote me on this but they will use the chip as an incentive before releasing it to the public. They will no doubt be pretty scarce as they build up momentum in to a frenzy of must have this instant mentality. This will send it to the ebay underground where consultants buy plenty and on sell with secret ebay accounts at inflated prices. We already see this with the servers and cookbooks!

We can only hope this TM5 doe not divide the thermomix community we have into 31 VS 5. I already see this on FB.

Meanwhile thinking about what next to make.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 31, 2014, 11:02:41 pm »
Ok so I have had my TM5 a week now and here are my thoughts.
Firstly this is m first thermal mixer ever and I am wondering why I have waited  so long? (Mostly because I was far too stubborn).
When it arrived I was petrified and I just wanted to read manuals.  To my surprise my husband flicks the switch on and makes himself a batch of tomato sauce. He adjusts the recipe to his preferred "take your head off" chilli level and the ingredients we have in the fridge, then pleased with his efforts he makes a batch that I can eat. I follow with a lamb saag, some aoli, the easy chocolate cake- which is now going to be my new basic recipe to adjust to all flavours as the texture is devine,..and suddenly I realise my fear is well and truly over. By this time my husband wanted to make some dips and was calling me a thermohog and saying that he understood why people had two, but I think he meant a "his" and "hers".The auto rice recipe did not work out for me, however unlike a rice cooker there is more room to continue cooking and I loved how it came out fluffy in the end. I love guided cooking and I love manual. I love the ease of cleaning it...and I love that my husband feels confortable enough to pick up the recipe book and go for it. As I have said to folks at work if you don't cook, it is terrific..and if you do like to cook it is awesome.

PS Gert, I hope that you feel all better soon.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 31, 2014, 11:17:56 pm »
Fantastic essie. Reminded me Imwas going to make some sauce too. I am still so I'll my head ain't t thinking.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 31, 2014, 11:40:17 pm »
Wonder, do you hope your machine turns up soon.  I hope they have not totally lost it!

Essie, glad you are getting on well with your machine and having successes with it.  I am sure it won't take long to get used to all its features.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 01, 2014, 12:07:49 am »
Well I am making my pasta sauce using the chip as a guide. The touch screen is growing on me but the sautéing is fantastic on 120. The sauce is cooking on 100. I put in at least a kilo of tomatoes and NO SPLATTER!  I am now reducing the sauce down further but not removing the cup to see how long it takes.

Might make some bread then.

Not loving it yet but we are getting acquainted.

Gert

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 01, 2014, 12:10:25 am »
How awful Wonder.  I don't see how it being lost in the mail is your problem, why should you wait until they find it (if they do!).
You're in Melbourne, your consultant is in Melbourne, the distribution centre is in Melbourne - why can't they just fast track another machine to your consultant for you?  If the other one turns up, the consultant can just return it surely.

My consultant has sent me a message advising my machine has arrived.  We just need to arrange a time for her to deliver it.
Looking forward to seeing what it can do, as I've not had a demo or seen it in action.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 01, 2014, 12:22:30 am »
That's great news Katie, have you broken the news to TM31 yet  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 01, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
No not yet. But I'm keeping my TM31, so hopefully they will become great friends!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 01, 2014, 03:21:41 am »
I've never heard of spitting feathers but I'm going to use that from now on cos I think it would be frustrating to have a mouthful of feathers and try and spit them out  :D

I've made rice twice from the chip and both times was undercooked. I think the trick is to measure and then wash it before proceeding.

I think just having a slightly bigger bowl, and the revised MC design that there is overall less splatter. I don't have to clean this Thermie as much on the outside for some reason.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 01, 2014, 03:25:36 am »
I just made Isi's bread and I thought it had not risen bit of course the bowl is bigger. All good.

Gert

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 01, 2014, 04:51:37 am »
You are being very patient Wonder,I would be spitting feathers!!

:D :D :D  We say 'spitting chips' down under CC, I had a good laugh at your saying.
Haha, I would be "spitting tacks" ☺️
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 01, 2014, 05:06:14 am »
no splatter, I made tomato sauce today too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url