Author Topic: TM5  (Read 277179 times)

Naturalmumma

Re: TM5
« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2014, 08:26:20 am »
I have never seen a demo or even meet my consultant, I found her details on the TM site as she was running cooking class near me & I emailed her saying I want to buy the new machine & no interested in a demo. It was all done via email & phone. The closest I have got to a TM in real life so far is seeing it on a bench at a couple of houses I used to clean. I have owned a Bellini KM in the past so TM can'y be much different to use only 1000 times better. Are demos & the cooking classes the same thing? do they show you the same thing I mean

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 14, 2014, 08:28:58 am »
I'm shocked Maddy, I thought it would be at least $500 more. The machine's biggest market is in the domestic sector so they wouldn't be able to add on too much as they'd price themselves out of the market a bit. Here I was thinking that I would be saving significantly by jumping in early, but having said that I have no regrets cos I love it.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2014, 08:33:31 am »
I think the facebook rants will flare up again  :P

Salt....wounds...too soon?  ;)

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2014, 08:37:06 am »
I have good news,  ;D My TMX5 has arrived and I will take delivery of it tomorrow afternoon after work.  ;D Exactly 5 weeks from when I ordered.

My consultant - the 3rd one for me is a gorgeous lady that demonstrates in Newcastle and I had the privilege of nursing her husband.
She is so bubbly and full of life. DH and I have been to several of her demonstrations and love her to bits.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:39:06 am by mcmich »
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 14, 2014, 08:38:17 am »
Just watched the early news on the ABC where the Shonky's are mentioned and footage of the TM5 was featured.

Goes to show that lying to your customers is never a good thing.  It is not the machine that gets the Shonky.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2014, 08:41:28 am »

Goes to show that lying to your customers is never a good thing.  It is not the machine that gets the Shonky.

Gert

Exactly, the TMX is a good, reliable machine. It's the service that leaves a lot to be desired.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2014, 09:13:27 am »
I have good news,  ;D My TMX5 has arrived and I will take delivery of it tomorrow afternoon after work.  ;D Exactly 5 weeks from when I ordered.

My consultant - the 3rd one for me is a gorgeous lady that demonstrates in Newcastle and I had the privilege of nursing her husband.
She is so bubbly and full of life. DH and I have been to several of her demonstrations and love her to bits.  ;D

Lovely Michelle. I am soooo missing my machine. A bit lost in the kitchen.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2014, 12:31:22 pm »
I have never seen a demo or even meet my consultant, I found her details on the TM site as she was running cooking class near me & I emailed her saying I want to buy the new machine & no interested in a demo. It was all done via email & phone. The closest I have got to a TM in real life so far is seeing it on a bench at a couple of houses I used to clean. I have owned a Bellini KM in the past so TM can'y be much different to use only 1000 times better. Are demos & the cooking classes the same thing? do they show you the same thing I mean

Off subject here.
Naturalmumma we see you have become a guest.We hope you rejoin as you had become an active member.
We do have gremlins in the system at times and we can assure you,you have done nothing wrong and we did not delete you.
CC Moderator.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2014, 12:32:16 pm »
Does anyone know how they work out when they process your order.? Some people have got one within 12 days( 3 customers in qld)...other people are taking five weeks.... and some even more? It just seems a little odd..and I the end I guess it does not matter. I still have a stove, an oven , food processor etc.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2014, 01:03:23 pm »
I a pleased I saved a little by buying T5 early. I love it to bits. I find I am using both machines a lot. Tonight one steamed veggies, while the other cooked the rice.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 14, 2014, 01:14:24 pm »
I heard about the Choice Shonky awards on the radio today while driving to DD's. Wasn't sure I heard right, so got on the website later today.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 14, 2014, 09:49:26 pm »
Does anyone know how they work out when they process your order.? Some people have got one within 12 days( 3 customers in qld)...other people are taking five weeks.... and some even more? It just seems a little odd..and I the end I guess it does not matter. I still have a stove, an oven , food processor etc.  :)

Yet another rumour is circulating and seems pretty accurate, that some favoured  customers/consultsants   are getting their TM5 s out of line with others.  Pity the brand new consultants and  this is really upsetting for some trying to earn their incentives for the Thermomix ForumFest in 2015 which is WHERE??

Seems the Gold Coast is good enough this year. At least it will be cheaper for the company than going overseas to a more exotic location. Those consultants who do not earn their free airfare may still be able to afford to join the fun after a horrific year for them.
https://www.facebook.com/ThermoFest 

Gert
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:12:15 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 15, 2014, 01:26:42 am »
I don't see why they need to go to exotic places anyway.  ???

Has anyone else noticed the 8 second cool down on the T5 when cooking with heat?  A safety issue I guess, although 8 seconds isn't long.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #343 on: October 15, 2014, 05:20:12 am »
I don't see why they need to go to exotic places anyway.  ???

Has anyone else noticed the 8 second cool down on the T5 when cooking with heat?  A safety issue I guess, although 8 seconds isn't long.

Yes, it's all about safety. I have to learn to be patient!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 15, 2014, 11:45:38 am »
TM AU confirmed on FB today that in the beginning finance applications were given their machines first as TM AU weren't paid by the finance company until the client received their machines. They have now remedied this situation. Supposedly.

Mine still hasn't arrived and was paid in full and processed 17/9. Still overseas so am not overly concerned but would be happier if I knew when it was arriving.
Kylie