Author Topic: TM5  (Read 276799 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2014, 10:03:23 am »
I think everyone should just chill and go with the flow. As soon as HO have them we will have them.  It will all be worth the wait. I have no issue with the fabulous machine just the business ethics are lacking.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2014, 10:10:01 am »
I received my email as well. The wait doesn't really worry me, I have my TM31 and with all the crap going on in the world today, waiting for another Thermomix isn't really a big problem.

BUT I fail to see how a multi million dollar company that basically has one product to sell doesn't know how many of the said product they have to sell and how long it will take to receive delivery of the next shipment from the factory, even with a world wide shortage. I'm sure a week ago when they took my order and my payment, they would have known they couldn't supply in the quoted 20 working days.

Finding out about the delay on social media days before the official email is poor form, as is telling customers to talk to consultants if they have issues - the poor consultants have had enough to cope with lately.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2014, 10:19:45 am »
Thanks :) yes it does. Looks like it will affect them so better let them know.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2014, 12:46:22 pm »
It's disgraceful! How can they charge the full amount and sit on your money for up to two months. Delay intentional? Trying to build demand for the product.  Communication totally poor form. One would have thought they would have "personally" contacted every client to advise of delay.  Not leave them guessing and disgruntled. Wouldn't you as a company aim to rebuild customer service image after tarnishing it so much. Flabbergasted!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2014, 12:50:31 pm »
Poor form all round. I don't think too many people expect full payment 6 weeks in advance.

I made the Butter Chicken ( from the chip) tonight.  We had a very busy, brain boggling day selecting everything for our house. I must say to have the recipe line by line, on the screen was very helpful.  I don't think the flavour is as good as Nico's or the Indian cookbook but certainly good for a weeknight meal.
I also tried the automated rice cooking (along side tm31, steaming uncontaminated, from chicken, rice) it took a bit longer but the end result was equal to TM31's. TM5 makes a bit more.
Great quick and easy dinner.
Denise

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2014, 12:55:05 pm »
Poor form all round. I don't think too many people expect full payment 6 weeks in advance.

I made the Butter Chicken ( from the chip) tonight.  We had a very busy, brain boggling day selecting everything for our house. I must say to have the recipe line by line, on the screen was very helpful.  I don't think the flavour is as good as Nico's or the Indian cookbook but certainly good for a weeknight meal.
I also tried the automated rice cooking (along side tm31, steaming uncontaminated, from chicken, rice) it took a bit longer but the end result was equal to TM31's. TM5 makes a bit more.
Great quick and easy dinner.
My consultant told me not to make the Butter Chicken from the EDC because it's bland, however I read the new cookbooks is better?

I'm glad I have my TM31 (though the person who is buying it from me probably hopes I get my TM5 soon) my brother doesn't have a TM31 and joked there will be a new model by the time he gets his TM5!

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2014, 07:33:13 pm »
Yep just woke up in Hawaii and found the dreaded email! Not happy.

I'm extremely fortunate to be able to pay cash and I already have a TM31 but it is extremely bad form to accept full payment with the promise of 20 working days then not deliver.

Surely Vorwerk Australia would have had some idea of the stock they required and been more prepared? This is another reason why I bought my last one from overseas! I would have done so again but the computer chip worried me enough to have an Australian warranty.
Kylie

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2014, 09:27:23 pm »
I love the idea that during cooking with the TM5 you can drop the temperature, yesterday while making double batch of honey mustard chicken at 100 degrees it started bubbling through the MC hole, so I just dropped it down to 98 without having to stop the machine which fixed the issue.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2014, 09:52:26 pm »
I received this message from Thermomix yesterday.

Dear Michele

Re: Order Number 625021

We wish to advise that due to the unprecedented worldwide demand for the new Thermomix, there has been a subsequent impact on our expected delivery times.

We want to confirm that your order is still progressing however, the expected time frame from purchase is now 5-8 weeks.

Please be assured that your Thermomix warranty will be automatically extended for an additional 2 months to accommodate this delay.

We apologise for the delay and want to assure you that we are working with Vorwerk to obtain stock as quickly as we can to then arrange deliveries to our customers as soon as possible.

Should you have any queries, please contact your Consultant.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Thermomix in Australia  
30 Ledgar Rd BALCATTA WA 6021

So looks like I will be using the food processor for a bit longer yet. I'm still glad that I ordered it though and feel I sold my TMX31 for a good price. I will be so excited when I do take delivery of it, I may have to plan to take annual leave to play with it.  

Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Naturalmumma

« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2014, 10:18:28 pm »
I received this message from Thermomix yesterday.

Dear Michele

Re: Order Number 625021

I have no idea how they are doing their orders as it looks like mine is after yours my order no 637878‏
I have not got the email yet & have every think crossed I don't. My order was done on the 12th Sept paid in full via bank deposit we only could afford as my partner got a work cover payout & was processed by TM on the 17th Sept then the 3rd Oct I was told it was being picked. My consultant  emailed me last night letting me know she is following it up today to find out if & when it will be dispatched. It is just terrible & TM is laughing all the way to the bank
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:00:07 am by judydawn »

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2014, 10:23:40 pm »
:(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Naturalmumma

« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2014, 10:34:52 pm »
Sorry my post has come out funny I tried to ad quote. There just seams no set order to how people are getting them a part of me thinks I should have bought a secondhand TM31 but my partner thought it was better getting a new one due to a few hundred dollar difference. I'm sure once we get all our machines we will be happy I have never known a company to take money of full & to us this is a huge amount of money then have to wait 2 months for the goods & even more crazy people keep buying. I dread when I see a new email in my box

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2014, 10:36:04 pm »
I love the idea that during cooking with the TM5 you can drop the temperature, yesterday while making double batch of honey mustard chicken at 100 degrees it started bubbling through the MC hole, so I just dropped it down to 98 without having to stop the machine which fixed the issue.

That is handy.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2014, 12:04:33 am »
I fixed your post for you NM.

I can reduce the temperature on the TM31 during cooking too, if it's on 100o I just press 90o and it will go down in a short time. I've never stopped the machine to reduce temperature ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2014, 12:10:49 am »
Sorry my post has come out funny I tried to ad quote. There just seams no set order to how people are getting them a part of me thinks I should have bought a secondhand TM31 but my partner thought it was better getting a new one due to a few hundred dollar difference. I'm sure once we get all our machines we will be happy I have never known a company to take money of full & to us this is a huge amount of money then have to wait 2 months for the goods & even more crazy people keep buying. I dread when I see a new email in my box

Well that's interesting NM. I've got my fingers crossed that you don't receive the email and take delivery soon.
I ordered on the 9th and full payment processed on the 11th.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss